!2-string fun anticipated...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@amistad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi folks,

Just joined the forum here and look forward to browsing around in here, learning as I go.

I've "had the fever" for a 12 string for a while, and just last night bought a Jay Turser Craviola model JTACRA12S online. I read a number of reviews about it, and all the owners' comments that I read indicated that they were very pleased with the instrument. Just wondered if anyone here in the forum has this guitar?

Amistad
'looking forward to making those strings sing!'

(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Welcome aboard.
I've got a Jay Turser Hawk12 electric, along with a Yamaha FG-230 acoustic. When I got the Yamaha, back sometime in the mid-Seventies, it had a DeArmond pickup across the soundhole, and it's still on there. The Hawk12 has tons of tone, but my old Yamaha and I have been a lot of places together.
And a "twelver" can be twice as much fun to tune up. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@amistad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply, Doug.

I look forward to devoting some time to learning this new 12 string. It's an acoustic/electric model, and most of the time that I'll be playing it, it'll not be amplified. But having the capability to crank it up at times will be nice to experiment with.

Amistad
'new to a "twelver" but anxious to learn'

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Amistad! You'll find quite a few folks here who play twelve strings (some who even started out on them) and hopefully find both all the help and encouragement you need.

Looking forward to hearing how things are going with you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

(some who even started out on them).

Peace

Hmm , isn't that person our lead editor in you , who , has quite a story as to how , the man started playing on his 'lefty' twelve string.

Would you let me play your guitars , if , by chance , i happen to stumble by your house (if i someday come to us ) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Amistad! I play 12-string (electric) and love it! It has such a rich, full sound! A 12-string acoustic was my father's guitar of choice, so I grew up listening to the sound of one. Maybe that's why I love it so much! Congratulations on your purchase!! And, for finding your way to our wonderful community of guitar players! Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote