Clear all

'62 reissue strat or american series?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi i have been through the ringer trying to find the right strat for me...first i bought the new american series (always wanted a sunburst rosewood), i liked it but the "rolled finger board edges" had me feeling weird , like it was not the strat feeling i was used to...sooo i exchanged it for the more expensive '62 reissue...i loved the feel and look of this guitar however after setup i found about 7.25 neck radius'...i couldn't get that low action i was used to...however they did a decent enough job that it was tolerable...but since i have had it back the last few days i find that even with the 5 way switch installed and in the in between pickup selections, i am getting a hell of a lotta noise through my traynor tube amp...it's a shame as it is a beautiful guitar...what do you all think of this guitar vs. the new american series (if it helps i like to play heavier stuff at times too)...i could sure use some advice as to what i should do...thanks - Sito

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN sito,
i have a '04 american deluxe and i really like the rolled fretboard. they really nailed it with mine because it almost feels "wet". i can feel a stark difference to every other neck i have and i understand the feeling. i think if you give it a chance you may grow to like it. not familiar with the feel of a '62 so i can't say. i guess you gotta just play it a bit and go for what feels the best.
tone wise i am very happy with the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pups and the S-1 5 way switch. took a while to figure out but i am hooked now.
does the american come with the Samarium Cobalt pups? i don't get more than a light klik at times when changeing positions. might be my bassman tho i'm not sure.

#4491....

ReplyQuote