Clear all

Someone jacked my Wah Wah pedal!

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Today, my Snarling dogs Wah Wah pedal was delivered, on the FexEx website anyways. At 2:30 they it left the package on the front porch and didn't got anyone to sign for it. Man, someone in Honea Path has got a wah pedal. One of these crackheads walking the streets using it for a foot rest right now. O well guess I'll file claim. Maybe I'll write Wah Wah blues, I don't have a pedal to get a Wah sound though. Maybe it was a sign not to get a Snarling Dogs wah but, get a Dunlop Crybaby :lol:
Freakin Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!1 :twisted:

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That's terrible! Anyone who would jack a Wah Wah pedal just ain't right in the head! :evil: Hope you get a free replacement. I hate when UPS or Fed Ex leave stuff on my porch. Anyone could just help themselves. Whatever happened to leaving a sticky note on your door to arrange another time, or go pick it up? Sorry for your loss.

:( Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

bummer about the wah pedal dude.

perhaps you should order a box of live scorpions...:twisted:

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I ordered some strings from Musicians Friend and the Fed Ex website said it was delivered. It just wasn't delivered to me, but I called Fed Ex and it was here the next day. They must of gave it to somebody else. It's pretty common here since alot of rural areas don't have addresses. :shock: Just a P.O. Box. LOL.

I'm gonna start giving them my GPS coordinates. :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That does suck. Definately file a claim. It'll probably all work out for you in the end.

Good luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that. Maybe when the thief opens the package, the Snarling Dogs will bite his kneecaps off. That'll keep him from using a wah or any other pedal. Man, I'm getting cranky in my old age. :twisted:
I usally try to get stuff sent to my P.O. box, but of course FedUps won't deliver there, and some shippers just won't use USPS. On one eBay purchase last year, the seller shipped from his business, and UPS made pickups there, so it was just easier for him. I used to see The Big Brown Van in the area of where I was working during my work hours, so I figured I could get the item delivered to the job site and avoid anything being left on the deck at my home. (More a concern about weather than theft in these parts.)
On the projected day of delivery, I never saw the UPS truck, but the tracking site said delivery was made at 5:30 PM, and was "left on the porch." :shock: I drove the twenty-something miles to the job site, and nothing was there on the "porch" of the office trailer at the site. I was "wound right up solid."
As it turned out, it had been left on the porch belonging to the lady across the street from the office trailer. An enclosed porch is way better than an open deck in such a situation, but it gave me a few hours of misery.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Man that sucks!

I work for a courier company in Saskatoon here, and I have a contract with Fed-Ex, as well as UPS and about 12 other major international shipping companies, I work roughly 10-14 hours a day and don't get paid per hour, its on a contract basis, which is the same for most other courier employers. We deal with so many packages that most of the time we do leave packages on a doorstop or at a neighbours house. I can't leave a note for people to come and pick there package up because I deliver things up to 350km away from our warehouse, and if I were to keep trying over and over again I'd be working about 16-17 hours a day!!! Not something I want to do :)

Call Fed-Ex, then them one of there drivers "Driver released" a package in an unsafe location. There insurance will cover it, unfortunatly it's not a very quick process.....

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Doug C

Write directions for your house in the adress fields, and make absolutly sure you ALWAYS have a phone number for them. P.O. boxes are the most annoying thing to try and deliver to, and since most local mail Usps or Canada Post offices will not accept these packages. Often they end up sitting in a bin untill someone comes looking for them.

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

That "bites"

get it? snarling dogs... nevermind :oops:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I usually try and get anything expensive delivered to me at work. That way the courier gets a signature from the guys on the reception desk and I get a call telling me my goodies are "downstairs". Last time I did this was with concert tickets - reception handed them on a postroom guy and asked him to bring them straight up to me.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

that sucks, fed ex should take care or it

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I just a email from music 123, I got store credit for the price of the wah pedal, lets try this again.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Doug C
Write directions for your house in the adress fields, and make absolutly sure you ALWAYS have a phone number for them. P.O. boxes are the most annoying thing to try and deliver to, and since most local mail Usps or Canada Post offices will not accept these packages. Often they end up sitting in a bin untill someone comes looking for them.
http://www.elsop.com/wrc/humor/ms_helic.htm

ReplyQuote