Universal guitar cases....

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The guitar case that I got with my Schecter is in fact the wrong one. I thought it fit but, upon further review it doesn't. So I need a new case. I'm not taking it back to return it for a new one because….. well….. just stay tuned to the Swap Meet section for that one. :wink:

Anyway, I'm looking at a SKB case (this one) which is universal. I'm wondering how well it will fit my Schecter being universal. It looks like it will fit the angled headstock (that was the problem with the one I got).

Anyone have any bad experience with universals? Anyone have a better suggestion?

Yes, I looked at the “Schecter” guitar cases, but they didn't get great reviews on strength and they only make the one for my guitar.

It stands a good chance that I will be heading to Mississippi in the near future, so I would like to have a nice one.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, I talked to Daddy's Junkie Music yesterday and they said they have a SKB-66 there, so I'm going to go check it out in a little while. I'll take a Schecter off the wall and try the fit. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Thanks for the help! :P

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I meant to reply before this, but all I had to say was "Try before buy, if possible." You're already doing that, so you can find out for sure if a "universal" case really fits your guitar properly. (A false sense of security can be a terrible thing.)
"One size fits all" is right up there with "the check's in the mail" on the list of "Things That Make You Go 'Yeah, Right, Sure'." :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Doug.

I ended up with a Core One case. It fits well and is a very rugged case.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I wanna cry everytime I see that guitar. That is so awsome. Glad you found a case for us. LOL

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Whoa, that is a case suitable for that axe. Diamond plate, like on a fire truck!

And speaking of Daddy's Junky Music, I used to know a guy who worked in the Salem, NH store. He would occasionally come to open mic and karaoke nights at a place where I hung out in MA. Had a great Phil Collins-type singing voice.
But how come New Hampshire gets four DJM stores, and Maine only has one? Sheesh.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I have an SKB66 that I use for a Strat. If there's anyone with a Schecter in the SW Chicago suburbs we could try out the fit for ya.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote