Clear all

Accidentally bought a new geetar

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@juliagulia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So I was at Guitar Center today. Actually had some intention of buying a guitar. They had a daisy rock retro H for $220. The cheapest I have found it in an online store is $300. Well it was up really high but I got it down, played a bit but wasn't convinced I really needed another guitar. I can barely play my acoustic! So I handed it to the sales guys and told them I was tall enough to get her down but couldn't get her back up. So the one guy says he'll sell it to me for 199, the guy next to him says 197, so I look to the third fella and ask what he's offering; he says $180. So the assistant manger looks it up to see if they can sell it for 178, he says no that is under cost! Well they go round and round a bit more and I finally ask, "so what did we end at guys?" They sold it to me for 180, according to them .40 over cost. Yipee yah! Just had to share my exciting news. :)

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Congratulations! You're now a member of the GNRH Club!

I bought a used retro-H 12 string from them for $175 a few months ago. . it's white. ElektraBlue has one in pink.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Excellent! :D That makes 3 of us now! Is yours the white or the pink? I LOVE my RetroH!!! :D

Juliagulia, I just noticed that you're from the Hill Country. What part? I went to school in Austin, but am up near D/FW now. I still go to Austin once in a while. Maybe we'll meet up one day and jam with our Retro's! :D Too bad you're not in Texas, too, Pearlthekat!! :wink:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@juliagulia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have the Ice Blue so I think we have all of the main colors covered! :P I am in northwest Austin. Perhaps when I learn to play a bit more we can jam together. For now the cat loves my playing and I can impress family and friends, ooh look at you only playing for one month and without a teacher. They are supportive but I'm afraid a real guitar player might run for the hills!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

wow. White, pink and blue! I'd actually go to Texas for that jam session!

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Almost the state colors. Hey, "Don't Mess With Texas!", but since you're ladies, ya might could get away with it.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh, great! I haven't seen the Ice Blue, yet! Only the pink and white! Come on to Texas, Pearl! :D

Juliagulia, I went to Lanier High School in North Austin, are you familiar with it?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I'd LUV to!

ReplyQuote