Clear all

acoustic setlist

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@chaisewilson)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hey every body....its been a long time seince i have posted anything at all so ill give a breif description...

now i am a rock n roller through and through im big fans of bands like guns n roses , aerosmith, collective soul, system of a down, velvet revolver, bon jovi, nine inch nails....... im also a big fan of christian contemporary like chris tomlin casting crowns and that sort but anyway ....

now to the question you see i started a band with 4 members. i play guitar and sing and i have a bass player, a drummer, and another guitarist to play along with me.

well we planned to do a set list full of loud amps and electric guitars and blasting speakers, but due to our curent financial situation we cannot rent out or buy a p.a system. But that is no reason for us not to gig so i have decided to take the more organic and cheap route and play a all acoustic set. the problem here is we barely know any accoustic style songs!!

besides causualy strumming chords we don't have a lot of experience in this area!! SO I AM ASKING YOUR OPINIONS IN EXTREMELY WELL KNOWN SONGS THAT CAN BE PLAYED IN A ALL ACOUSTIC SET!

they must be some what simple because i play guitar and sing at the same time( so nothing crazy) and i would like them to be very popular songs so our audience enjoys them!!

to give you an idea here are some songs we HAVE learned and to give you an idea of my vocal capabilitys

1. guns n roses- patience
2. pink flyode- wish you were here
3. collective soul- shine
4. tom petty-free fallin
5. pearl jam- last kiss
6. johnny cash/ NIN- hurt
7. goo goo dolls- iris

thats what we have so far any suggestions would be helpfull thank you very much

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

1. guns n roses- patience
2. pink flyode- wish you were here
3. collective soul- shine
4. tom petty-free fallin
5. pearl jam- last kiss
6. johnny cash/ NIN- hurt
7. goo goo dolls- iris
8. Eric Clapton - Layla (from Unplugged Album)
9. Beatles - With a Little Help From My Friends

I'll try to get some more for ya in the morning, 5am!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Supertramp - Give A Little Bit.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Check out some more Pearl Jam and Collective Soul acoustic stuff. Benaroyal Hall and From The Ground Up are their respective acoustic albums.

I'm a big fan of Seethers acoustic work from One Cold Night. What about some Eric Clapton unplugged stuff? The MTV series would be a good place to get some ideas.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@chaisewilson)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks the mtv unplugged is a great place to look

And i will do more collective soul acoustics like NEEDS, DECEMBER,and the world i know

thanks for the help keep em coming

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Al Stewart, Simon/Garfunkel, some Bob Dylan, some Eagles... Scorpions' Acoustica.

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

Simon and Garfunkel is a very good bet. I'd recommend Cecilia in particular, because the guitar is just strummed, and the only chords are I, IV, and V. Sound of Silence is also largely strummed. If you can fingerpick, though, the possibilities here are limitless.
Yesterday and Norwegian Wood, by the Beatles, are both acoustic, and While My Guitar Gently Weeps also works well.
The Weight, by The Band, works very well in an acoustic version.
If you cut the solo in Sweet Child o' Mine, it works very well for acoustic (I posted an arrangement of the latter in the Easy Song database, if you care to look).
I'm not sure how your range is, but if you've got the vocal chops, House of the Rising Sun (Traditional, made famous by Dylan and the Animals) is quite compelling in acoustic, and easy to play.
Fire and Rain, by James Taylor, is a good bet. Strummed guitar works, but the chords in the chorus are a little bit funky.
Not sure it's popular where you are, but for a more modern option Hey There Delilah, by Plain White T's, is acoustic, with simple strummed guitar.
And, as has been said, essentially any Dylan. The Times They Are a Changin, Blowin in the Wind, and Mr. Tambourine Man will probably be the most recognizable ones.
Redemption Song, by Bob Marley.
Lola, by The Kinks, works well, especially if one of your bandmates can sing harmony vocals.
That's all I can think of for now. Good luck.

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Foo Fighters - Everlong

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Cat's in the Cradle- Harry Chapin
Don't Think Twice- Dylan
If- Bread