Clear all

Agile guitar

45 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sweet!

I just went down to the basement to steal my Agile back from my son, who keeps stealing it despite having several more expensive Fenders and other guitars. He just loves that thing! And he likes standard tuning while I usually favor Open E, so we're always tuning back and forth. (Which is pretty easy with a hardtail.) My wife said, "Why don't you just buy him one, too?!" (She wouldn't suggest that for ME.) So, when he gets home in a little while we're browsing over to Rondo's page to see what he wants. I don't think he'll want an exact duplicate, just because. (But if he gets one different, he'd better like it, 'cause I'm not letting the one with the P-90s out of the house when he moves out!)
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Well, it's a done deal. He one-upped me on the P-90s. He's getting a 2500 goldtop with THREE P-90s! (I'd had my eye on that mutant for a while, myself.)
:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

heh.. I'm already GASing for another Rondo guitar (not a Strat though, my strat gas is over until I get rich 8) ) but I need an amp now.. I'm kinda GASing for a Tele copy or a SG copy, because I don't like Les Pauls that much.. :? Anyway, I'm happy with my Strat for now, I'm playing slide in Open-G with a Smokey mini amp now, and the sound kicks aass through my beringher amp(the Beringher pre-amp is bypassed; I'm plugging it directly in to the power amp to the Jensen speaker) ! Man, I'm gonna have to record something with it tomorrow and post it! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Looked at this little amp yet?

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=282

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yup, thinkin of buying that and putting a cab with Vintage 30's or Greenbacks under it... Man, that'll be nice... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

For the record, if that sounds half as good as the price looks, MAN!!! :)
That really is a good idea on Epi's part; a no-nonsense, low watt, crank-and-rip amp... 8)
Really, an all tube combo for 120 bucks? :shock:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Here's a quick clip a friend of mine recorded with his new Valve Junior a couple of nights ago: http://www.guitarchat.net/modules/Media_player/trguitar/valve%20junior.mp3

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Hm..that does look like an awesome amp.

Ok, here's a silly question: I don't suppose you could use your headphones with it? (judging from a previous thread you wouldn't want to plug your headphones into the speaker out).

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Check the specs on Epiphone's site. I don't remember it saying anything about a headphone outlet. Being a very basic tube amp, I doubt it's got any extra "bells and whistles" like that. I use my little Honeytone if I want a headphone amp.

ReplyQuote
(@wannabe)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunatly I just cant bring myself to buy a guitar I can't physically play. I got bit by that once and I won't do it again. I'm sure the AL2800 is a great guitar, but I can't find a store in edmonton that markets one.

I'm just going to play it safe for this purchase.

cheers
Brian

I don't understand, I got the guitar, and the beer, the commercial said I'd be a rock star by now...

the reason we fall is so we can learn how to pick ourselves back up

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunatly I just cant bring myself to buy a guitar I can't physically play. I got bit by that once and I won't do it again. I'm sure the AL2800 is a great guitar, but I can't find a store in edmonton that markets one.

I'm just going to play it safe for this purchase.

cheers
Brian

Don't worry, if there's any phisical thing wrong with the guitar, Kurt (the manager of Rondo) has an extremely good reputation on returns. I've talked to him before and he seems like a really great guy. Email him if your worried about it. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, Kurt's a nice guy and a straight shooter. Usually answers E-mails really quickly, too.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Looked at this little amp yet?

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=282
Just ta fill this thread in, I scored a Fended 1976 Vibro Champ for 200 bucks! :D 6 watts of oh-so-sweet tube power!!! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

kewl , now please change that annoying avatar :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

great little amp. enjoy it.

ah, and sounds like a good price too!

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3