Clear all

Airline

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 kirk
(@kirk)
Topic starter  

My roomate brought home his dad's old airline semihollow. I know that they were made by Mostgomery Ward a long time ago(kinda cheap). I also know that jack white plays one. Are these guitars worth anything now? I wold like to see it get fixed up a bit.

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Never heard of one of those. Is it like those old Danelectro DC-59's that were in the Sears catelog? Cheap but unique?

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

They arent very well known but i believe they are good (from what ive heard). Ive never seen one personally. Might as well fix it up. Its a semi hollow. Why not? Just for fun.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I think they are worth something, though I have no idea how much. It is certain, however, I think, that their value will rise. I seem to recall a story about Jack White's guitar. A fan bought one of these for him and gave it to him. I thought it was fairly expensive. But I could be remembering this all incorrectly.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I heard that story too. I read in an article that White's guitar got damaged or something, so a fan paid something like $3000 for a mint one on ebay.

The guitar itself is hollow and made of plastic. It's a pretty cool looking axe. I have a Guitar Player magazine at home where he talks about it being made of plastic and the neck pickup not working and how he had a kill switch installed. In the same article he said he'd never own a new guitar or a "well made" guitar. His stage guitars are all obscure brands or no-name guitars made overseas. They make for some interesting tones.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote