Clear all

Anal about tone?

103 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
12.4 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I just want to tell you that ain't gonna happen.

But has anyone else noticed that Jessie from Team Rocket is hot?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Oh yeah, a few people have some sort of fettish thing going on that got nipped in the bud at least once. Mike got back into the swing of things and returned.

I'll get worse before I get better...don't forget the holidays are coming up...

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I hate it when you guys start talking pop-culture. I gotta look of everything on Google. The funny thing is that somehow I KNEW that anime(sp?) was gonna pop up in here some where.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think I'd best take a week off work next time I start a thread!

Anyone know what brand of cigarettes Keith Richards smokes?I've been trying to play "Honkey Tonk Woman" but it don't sound right.I think I've got the wrong type of nicotene stains on my fingers!I've been using Marlboro Lights but I think I need something stronger."He can't be a man, 'cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarette as me."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Bobble,

you can try Capstan Full Strength - if they don't get you, nothing will.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Heck no, besides I'm not into redheads. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Alright if no one is going to get the Japanese school girls then how about Carolina Panther cheerleaders? :D

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Simple. Guitars are made of wood, insane ammounts of latin-american forests gets chopped down to create our Gibsons. Not because we can't make composite guitars with proper sound (we can) but because guitarists are conservative and can't change their habits even if they'd want to. To make things worse those persons then spend their lives buying more of these forest-destroying devices and waste time plucking on strings strung over them, feeling all good about the various noises they produce. They could have got an extra job and send that money to those who need it to survive, or volunteer for the red cross instead of playing but they don't because they are so narrow minded they care only about themselves and their immediate surroundings. And when you think it can't get any better these losers waste their time on the internet explaining to total strangers why they are such horrible persons. It's just too bizarre for words.

I KNOW Arjen had his tongue firmly in his cheek when writing the above but it did make me think about why their made from wood?Then I came across this article,thought someone might find it interesting.

Gordon Giltrap, one of the world's leading guitarists, will next month give a free concert at Loughborough University in the UK. But this will be a concert with a difference, for Giltrap will be playing a plastic guitar.

Developed at the university, the guitar is designed to reproduce the sound and feel of a wooden acoustic guitar. The soundboard is made of a polycarbonate foam rather than the traditional spruce. "If you inject different quantities of hydrogen into it you can replicate the densities of different woods. And it is not inert like plastic; it resonates," says Alan Greensall, who is in charge of licensing the technology for Loughborough University Enterprises. The instrument could ease the pressure on endangered tree species. Guitar bodies are also often made of Brazilian rosewood, which is so rare that it cannot be traded.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I think Indian rosewood is also used, but I couldn't swear that I've got that right. But I know that some companies, like Alvarez, are experimenting with other woods, often called exotic woods.
It is an interesting issue.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Gordon Giltrap, one of the world's leading guitarists, will next month give a free concert at Loughborough University in the UK. But this will be a concert with a difference, for Giltrap will be playing a plastic guitar.

Developed at the university, the guitar is designed to reproduce the sound and feel of a wooden acoustic guitar. The soundboard is made of a polycarbonate foam rather than the traditional spruce. "If you inject different quantities of hydrogen into it you can replicate the densities of different woods. And it is not inert like plastic; it resonates," says Alan Greensall, who is in charge of licensing the technology for Loughborough University Enterprises. The instrument could ease the pressure on endangered tree species. Guitar bodies are also often made of Brazilian rosewood, which is so rare that it cannot be traded.

You may find this interesting: Rainsong

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

You may find this interesting: Rainsong

My first acoustic is made from sustainable Canadian hardwoods(I.E. cherry and silver maple). One of the reasons I chose it.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Them Rainsong guitars look pretty cool!
A bit Pricey though $2995!!

playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

I just want to tell you that ain't gonna happen.

:shock:

My goodness I almost blew milk out my nose. Thanks a lot....

:D

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

No problem.

Apart from Rainsong, check out the Ovation Adamas II with the Carbon Fiber top and Emerald guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

With regards to Ovation Guitars I thought I's shre this embarrassing story with you:
A few months ago I was looking for a new acoustic for my son.I had looked at few Ovation guitars on the web priced at around £250 ($400).So I went to my local music store and whilst looking around i spotted this hanging on the wall:

Asked the girl in the shop how much and she said "one seven nine ninety nine, if you want it you can have it for one three nine ninety nine"
What a bargain I thought beautyful guitar and £400 off!"I'll take it"I said "and I'll take a case if you've got one"
"It comes with a hard case"she said.This was getting better and better.So she puts it in the case and I went to the counter to pay,I also had a new lead and a dozen plectrums in my hand."you can have the lead and plectrums free"she said.I thought it was Christmas!
So I hand over my credit card and she gives me the receipt to sign.I had just started writing my sig when I noticed the price.
£1399.99.As I was telling her the price was wrong I suddenly realised why I had a free case,free lead and plectrums and £400 off!
I promptly picked up credit card and made a sharp exit.I did get the plectrums free as I still had them in my hand as I left.
I now always check the price several times!!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7