Clear all

Another beginner electric thread....

23 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

o ok... what about the amp? is there anything better for around 200? (im plannig on getting the vox, but everyone says the line 6 and mircocube are the best. (and CHEAPER!!! :D )

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

okay, so what about my amp? do you think its the best for around $200?(probably not)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

So, who cares if it's "the best?" If you've got it, make music with it!
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Wise words from Ricochet :lol: theirs always something better, don't be a slave to it!!!!! One of my favorite guitars is a old, very cheap stratocaster copy that a friend gave me because the bridge was corroded and the guitar was in real bad shape. I took it and put a dobro nut on it and use it for a lap steel now. It sounds great!! 8) 8) I also have a $99.00 acoustic guitar that i put a cheap single coil pick-up on and its one of the best slide guitars i've ever played :D Some times there is more joy to be had in the simple things in life. I'm not saying you should not buy nice instruments, but don't over look the fack that it can be just as much fun to drive an old f-100 pick-up truck than it is to drive a BMW :lol: --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

okay, thanks

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

Hey.
Dude, 2 words. Pawn. Shop.
They have guitars in there that are worth well over $500 but going for $100-$150
I got a Kramer 316 with a floyd rose system and 2 EMG pickups in it for a BROKEN Mexican strat and $20. The strat I traded in had a warped neck, and the high E tuning peg thingy was broken off. People that own pawn shops don't really know much about guitars sometimes...you might get lucky.
and as some have said, try ebay too.

There was this one time I was looking through a pawnshop and a dude had an Ibanez JEM, (Steve Vai guitar) and he was trying to sell it for $800...needless to say, he NEVER sold it. it was funny though, cause he bought it from the dude for $350 and though he could get some cash out of it. what an idiot..(not that the guitar wasn't worth $800 or more)

anyway..good luck!

Marshall

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Um... You could replace the pickguard with something nifty, there are approximately 6 zillion possible wiring modifications that can change what your knobs and switches do, if that's something that interests you.

Putting on a roller nut (as commonly found on the HSS deluxe) is nifty. Tuner upgrades are always good, either locking tuners or just better brand tuners (Grover, Schaller).

Some folks are big fans of pup upgrades, but that's a very individual decision. LACE sensors are cool, and add a unique look, EMG makes single coils that are really different, not to mention the "bladed" pups that are actually humbuckers that can fit into the space of a single coil. Additionally, Fender makes dozens of variations to fit all sorts of styles, the Tex-Mex set, or the SCN's, for example.

So play your guitar for a long time, THEN decide what you do and don't like, then change things slowly and really understand how your altering the guitar's look, feel and sound.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Microcube is the king of battery-powered amps, but no contender against the Vox AD. For insane distortions the Line6s Spider might be better, but for pretty much anything else the Vox is by far superior. Been trying amps for weeks and I'm going to get the AD30 in a few days. It simply is the best for it's money, IMHO.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2