Clear all

so i went to battle of the bands last night at my school

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

and there was this kid named phil miller, the dude is like a idol to me now.

the dudes amazing, its likes hes ****in joe satriani. his band covered master of puppets, and did one original song which were both amazing. if metallica ever fired hammet, phil could replace hoim and no one would no the difference, thats how good he is.

the singer sounded really good, hes some 20 year old guy from chicago.

everyone was jumping around and going crazy, expecially all the metal guys.

it was pretty cool that phil remembered me, i walked in there he saw me and poiinted at me while saying "YEAAA" then i talked to him while we were watching this other band while the guitarist tryed to be a miller wannabe, and he kept saying how the dude is trying to hard and doing the same licks over and over.

anyways to sum this all up, phil just motivated me to practice a lot more every day.

when he walked off stage all the guitar players bowed to him. i want that to happen to me too someday if i enter a battle of the bands.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's great it has encouraged you. Some people actually quit after seeing someone so great. My former guitar teacher quit for a couple of years after such an incident.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

What was the band's name?

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

same thing happens to me, after i see concert or a show it makes me wanna become 800% better and rock as hard as possible, a couple weeks ago i saw GreenDay and that night i played guitar for like 5 hours

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@jpsuperstar)
Eminent Member

i saw green day on wednesday steveo, i know what you mean
pure solid cocaine inspiration

ReplyQuote