Skip to content
Are acoustics SUPPO...

Notifications
Clear all

Are acoustics SUPPOSED to be harder to play?

38 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am glad you decided to take them in Mike. Good move. :!:

You will be nothing but happy (assuming they do a decent job).

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

OK...I just picked up my guitars from Daddy's JUnky Music and it did make a difference! The strings are MUCH easier to fret on the acoustic now. He did say that there was a slight "bow" in the neck of my acoustic. When he saw my eyes bug out he said not to worry that it happens to a lot of guitars. He said it only affected the first 2 strings and that he fixed it with a shim under the bridge. It plays about as perfect as it can now! He mentioned that he has a Fender around the same year as mine and the same thing happened.

He set up the electric as best as he could considering it's a Behringer but it plays MUCH better than it did before.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Have fun! 8)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'll tell you Daddy's has my business now. I dropped my guitars off at 11:30am this morning and they were ready by 5pm...that's TWO guitars. But he did say they weren't that busy today.

Thanks to everyone here as well for their advice I should have taken in the first place :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: !

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I'll tell you Daddy's has my business now. I dropped my guitars off at 11:30am this morning and they were ready by 5pm...that's TWP guitars. But he did say they weren't that busy today.

Thanks to everyone here as well for their advice I should have taken in the first place :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: !
Can you give me directions on how to get there. For $20 I will let someone else do it instead of doing it myself :lol: :lol: And same day service too

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I also checked out their Applause AE48 and I'll tell you it was VERY light! But the had an Ibanez Cutaway that was a thin body as well. It was $299. I might get that one instead. It's also an acoustic electric. Plus they price match internet prices within a dollar or two

*EDIT*

Here is the Ibanez they had:

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAAEG10E

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Glad you had a good experience with the local shop and glad your guitars are playing much better. I'm sure everyone is.

That's what makes GN such a great place. The advice is free, the caring ... priceless.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3