Band needing to be heard

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, its been a while.

So my 3-piece outfit is going alright. We've had gigs and the like and theres some people that dig our stuff. Just our vocals are complete poop.

We always practice our songs before gigs but we really never practice vocals before a gig because we cant. We play too loud to go through any of my old guitar amps. I really want to be able to practice vocals as well as the instrument parts when we jam and rehearse. So what i want to know is what is THE most cost effective way of handling this?

I have a few stereo systems i could set up but i havent really thought of that and I dont really want to blow them outt. I used to have a small PA system but i returned it all because we were just getting too much feedback. We couldnt hear even though we had enough power. Every time we turned it up loud enough we would get an ear piercing shriek. I am using super-cartioid mics and the like so it's not the polar pattern thats the problem.

I just need to be HEARD.

Please help.

O ya, and i need to use two mics (dueling vocals yo'). Anyways, i can just use a tiny mixer if necessary.

aka Izabella