Barre chord workout

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm one of those people that have a difficult time learning new things unless I can apply them practically. Well, a time back I used to listen to a contemporary religious group named Third Day. Very bluesy and its one of the reasons I like them. Well, digging back through all that stuff I ran into a song called "Theif" and looked up the tab here. WOW what a barre chord workout this is for me. I have just begun barre chords a little while back, first with Stormy Monday by the Allman Brothers and now this Theif song.

Just thought I would share that.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Hey Geoo,

That is a great site. Thanks for the link.

And good luck with the barre chords. Once you get them down you'll never look back.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Gulp. :shock:

Well, the good news is that I can play it. :D

The bad news is you could nip out for a coffee during the chord changes, and not miss much..... :wink:

Very effective opening with that Cm chord.

Thanks, I'll add it to my "Try and Learn" pile.

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The bad news is you could nip out for a coffee during the chord changes, and not miss much..... :wink:

Well, I KNOW its slow.. BUT.. I suck at barre so it works. LOL

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote