Clear all

Packing them away.

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'll be packing away my guitars and gear sometime next month. :cry: Probably for a period of 6-8 weeks, due to the logistics involved in a move I'm making. They'll be proceeding me to the new local. I'll hold back my acoustic, cause I can't go that long without playing.

Besides detuning the guitars and packing them nice (hard shell and original boxes) what else should I do to ensure that I find the kids fit as a fiddle when I arrive.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Jam all the shock absorbing material you can in with them? :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Jam all the shock absorbing material you can in with them? :D

... especially on both sides of the headstock, and especially on guitars with mahogany and similar neck/headstock. The strings only need to be downtuned a couple steps. Depending upon weather in your area, consider temp and humidity -- get case humidifiers for your acoustics if you've got dry days coming.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

if you're sending them by plane, or just for the movers in geenral, be sure to get alot of fragile stickers, to help give your guitars some cahnce of survival

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

yeh wrap the guitar in a couple blankets or towels and try to fit some styrofoam chips in there.

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If they will be going to a humid or damp local get a few desicant packs to put in the cases to absorb excess moisture.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

...and slip a piece of cloth between the strings and the fretboard so there's no chaffing.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

where is Dennis?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

... maybe still writing up his reply/treatise on this subject?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote