Clear all

Beatles question

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What album did the Beatles record Blackbird on, I 'm learning this song and the only CD I could find it on was a thirty dollar two disk set, I'd rather try and find the original album on CD. I did buy Rubber Soul, I really like it. I've allways enjoyed the Beatles but havent collected alot of thier music. Since learning Norweigen Wood and Blackbird, my interest has peaked and I really want start adding a few of thier CD's to my collection. A song on Rubber Soul that I wasnt familiar with but really like is "whats going on" very cool guitar...

Thanks
David

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

The only place I could find it was on The White Album which is probably the 2 disk set you were talking about.

The good part is if you are a Beatles fan this album is worth the money.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

Blackbird is from the "White Album" simply titled: "The Beatles" which is indeed a double album (2 CDs). I would think you could find it online a bit cheaper or perhaps you could find Blackbird on some other beatles collection.
"Rubber Soul" is a great album. I like the follow on album "Revolver", but you generally can't go wrong if you are a Beatles fan.
Do a google search on Beatles Discography to see what albums/songs are available.
Good luck...

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

ReplyQuote
(@david-m1)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, I think your both right the two disk set was a all white CD titled "The Beatles" I may see if I can find it online a little cheaper if not I'll just pay the thirty bucks. Thanks again..

ReplyQuote
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

In addition to Blackbird, the White Album also includes some other well known acoustic guitar Beatles tunes: Julia (featured in a David Hodge Lesson here on GN), Rocky Racoon, Dear Prudence, & Mother Nature's Son.
Of course, there are other good tunes on the album as well.

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Yeah, if you are a beatles fan, you are going to love white album. It's worth the $30!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Yes, the White Album (aka Beatles 68) is well worth the money. After that, if you're looking for a quick Beatles fix, buy either One, or even better Past Masters, volume two and volume one. Eventually you may want them all!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote