Clear all

Besides the guitar...

48 Posts
35 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

So, I know this is called GUITARnoise, but besides the guitar, what other instruments do some of you play or would like to play? There is nothing wrong with playing more than just the guitar is there? :)

(@rocker)
Noble Member

i would love to play the piano 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

I play bass and drum machines :wink: :lol: .

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

So, I know this is called GUITARnoise, but besides the guitar, what other instruments do some of you play or would like to play? There is nothing wrong with playing more than just the guitar is there? :)

Nothing wrong with playing multiple instruments at all. There are a lot of people on here that play a bunch. I use to play the horn (couple of different ones) myself now I just play guitar. Tried drums for awhile but my son got so much better than I would ever able to get.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I played tuba for years, probably still could/would if I had access to one. Just not prepared to drop $4000+ on one.

I was also pretty good at baritone/euphonium; could get by on trombone.

A bass guitar will be a purchase sometime in the future, possibly soon. I want to arrive at a spot in my guitar playing that I feel that I am good enough before I branch out, though.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Harmonium...an indian instrument keyboard like but works on an air mechanism..

and...

hmmm

ok...

lets see..

OH YEAH ! i play the plates when i am damn hungry :twisted:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I am interested in the bass and harmonica. The latter is far harder to play than I thought it would be.

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I play the Mandolin.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Played the violin for quite a few years - have recently picked it up again after a 15 year break
Some years on Tuba / Trombone - these instruments are terribly expensive ... am never gonna get one
Harmonica (blues not chromatic) both Bb B C D E etc... does that make it many different instruments... ;)

Would like to learn: Piano, Sax, Banjo(!), Mandolin, Acoustic Upright Bass, Lap Steel(!), Ukulele, - did I leave anything significant?

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I think once I am comfortable with the guitar I might move onto bass and then afterwards the drums. I am really trying to play all three of those intruments...but my mom and dad don't think I am serious. Plus, who's gonna pay 300+ for a guitar kit....guess I'd better get me a job...

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I try to play the mandolin, and I have a keyboard I can't play too, but I can play the recorder.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

but I can play the recorder.

Oh yes - forgot about that one!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I try to play the mandolin
A :-)

It's my opinion that the mandolin is a small instrument design for a man with big hands. Since I have small hands it's been very hard for me to play. I've focused on playing tremolo, fills and solos, which I do OK at. Playing chords I just plan suck; I can play maybe five two finger chords and non of the really cool three and four finger type. So I can understand "I try to play the mandolin". One good thing I can play solos on it which I can't do on the guitar, I'm strickly rhythm there.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@cerberus)
Estimable Member

I've been wanting to learn piano, I think itll give me a better handle on theory.

And recently I've really gotten into violin, but I think its too late to start now. People tell me you gotta start young.

I pity the fool, but also suggest ways he might better himself.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I also play mandolin and am learning bass. Used to play clarinet and flute before I ran out of air and can noodle on keyboard. I would love to learn to play the dulcimer.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4