Clear all

Blue Steel Strings

18 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@fah-q)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i finally got a set of these this morning. I picked up the 10s and they play great the only thing is I can't get them to tune right, it seems as though they are still stretching but i've never had strings take this long to stretch. Is there something wrong with that?

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

I'd give 'em a couple of days to stretch. Do as many huge bends as you can without snapping the string and that should speed it up a bit.

I just picked up a set of BS strings (free gift, thanks GC!!), and the guy selling them said they weren't really that special. But I'm really looking forward to trying mine out, so let me know what you think. Not that I actually had to pay for this set, but I did notice that the price was six bucks a pack, which is about the same for most strings.

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'd agree with the nothing special label, but they are the strings I use on all of my guitars.

I played many different brands trying to find one that stood out. While these don't have magical finger fixing properties they do have a great balance across the spectrum. I like the bass response a lot and the upper end is bright without being tinny.

When I'm done with this box I'll probably go on another string hunt just because I'm anal-retentive.

By the way, these are the first strings that I like equally across all of my guitars. I would find a brand that would sound great on a dreadnaught and suck on my parlor. Keeping track of that many different brands of strings was too time consuming. Heck I'd need Dennis C. to make me a spreadsheet.

With all the guitars you have, that would be a decent size spreadsheet. Good at least you've found something that works across the board.

Fah Q, take a cotton sock and put it on your fretting hand. Reach under on of the strings and lift if off the fretboard a bit to stretch it. Repeat for all strings. Do it 3 days straight and your strings will be stretched pretty well.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2