Notifications
Clear all

Blues Gear

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I had a Line 6 a few years back. It was very sterile. I think it was second generation. Even with that, though, you should be able to get in the neighborhood.

If I need a bluesy tone from my LP, I'll drop it to the bridge position and send the tone up to about 8-10. Sometimes mid position with both tones up there. but adjust volumes up and down for taste. All depends on what I feel like hearing when I play a song. Mood-dependant, so to speak.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@barbque-bob)

Most importantly is to have your own sound and style. I play a Fender Strat nothing is stock, I have a guitar tech that is the only one allowed to touch it, and he also makes me my amps.
I've been a blues man over 40 years and the best advice I can give anyone is learn to play clean first. Later if you want to add effects do it ONLY after you have created your own style and have learned to play efficiently. The equipment doesn't make you better, only shedding wood will make you better.
I've played with some cats that can blow anyone out of the water with crap equipment. Play with what you can afford and when you can afford it up grade. Like I said, I don't play with stock equipment but I sure didn't start with the best, it took me years of play to get here. My first gig was the Alonzo's Blues bar in San Antonio Texas in 1963 and when I retired in 1996 I was playing 26 shows a month.
Blues is not all about the sound, it's about the feeling and the language you put in your licks.

Even though I'm retired, I still practice four hours a day!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2