Clear all

By the way

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Even though I've been posting everywhere already today, I thought I'd drop by here and introduce myself. I've actually been on the boards a while, and just kind of lurked around. I have now finally decided to speak up a bit.

Just a little background, I'm from Northeast Texas (actually most of my online friends know me from another forums as texasgunslinger), 25 years old, engaged to a wonderful woman (who would kill me if I didnt mention her at least), and I've been playing guitar on and off for several years. I dont know when I first started playing, and I'm not even really sure when I picked it back up this last time so I'll refrain from even guessing how long. Not long enough to be good yet :)

Right now I'm playing a Washburn X40 with a Rogue (yeah, I know, but it was free) 100w tube amp. I also own a little 10w squier amp that I got for fixing someone's computer and a cheapo Peavy Rage. Hopefully (once I get my fiance out of college) I'll be getting some more equiptment after December or January, as I have always had GAS, but never had the money because more important matters were always around (I know, gasp, but her college is way more important than my hobby).

I am also an avid computer geek, and I even get to be one at work. That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hile Gunslinger,
Welcome to guitarnoise and pleased to meet ya.
Couldn't help but think of stephen King's Dark Tower series when I saw your handle.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well, welcome to GuitarNoise.

It sounds like you have a very happy relationship with your fiancé but you do have to get over this notion that HER education is more important than YOUR hobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: Unless of course she is going to be a doctor or lawyer or in some other high paying career where she can buy you all the equipment you ever need.

Above message encrypted so girl friend can't read it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

Welcome from a fellow Texan :)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Welcome to the boards, gunslinger.

Yea, in due time you'll get all the stuff you need, just make sure you ask around here for opinions first. We have a vast amount of people here that know their stuff.

This is a GREAT site. Happy postin'!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the Musical Madhouse!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed...

great books!

Welcome sir

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Welcome to guitarnoise, man! :)

I'm smack dab in the middle of Texas myself... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the war welcome folks :)

And actually the name gunslinger did not come from the Stephen King novels...I've never read them (so far at least...I'm sure I will someday). It actually came from a time when my friends and I played paintball all the time.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Yes, welcome to the nuthouse and the addiction! :)

John M

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Welcome gunslinger...

Just remember as a graduation gift ALL women like a brand new shiny Marshall amp!

On a side note...thishas been the MOST helpful forum when it comes to guitars and music!

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just remember as a graduation gift ALL women like a brand new shiny Marshall amp!

Nah, she'll be looking for a bass. I think she's got one by fender picked out, but we're going down to get it together.

:D

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@aaronj)
Eminent Member

hey gunslinger, are you from the dallas area? just curious. I live in Mckinney.

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm about 2 and a half hours from you. If you get on 635, head to 80 and then get on I20 towards Shreveport, then you'd eventually hit a little town called Longview. I'm near there.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@aaronj)
Eminent Member

I know Longview well, my grandfather is in a retirement home there and my uncle and aunt work at a hospital in Longview.

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2