Notifications
Clear all

Can't Decide

27 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

The nice thing about the 51 is if you ever become unsatisfied with the tone, you can swap out the pups. There is only two, and you'll use the bridge 90% of the time, so thats only one pickup to swap out. and having a single coil and a humbucker will allow you to play with the tone.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

squier's are a very good beginning guitar, you will like that guitar, for a great beginning practice amp go with the roland micro cube, it sounds great and has all the built in effects
that you need, all inall, your looking at about 325 bucks for both 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sounds good to me. But what about my other question? Do you think it's to early in the game to get an electric or should I just go for it?

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

its not to early, nothing wrong with having both, it's really going to help your guitar playing
it will create more of a drive to learn, for example, davids hodges lessons are more geared for acoustic and they are great lessons and alot of fun, and with an electric, you will come up
with sounds that will fasinate you and make you want more so to speak, go for it 8)

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Agree with Rocker. If you can afford it, go for it. I'd dig up one of my cheesy analogies but I'll just spare you that sickening feeling. :D

I had a Squire once.. Not sure what model but I liked it quite a bit. Someone mentioned Rondo's and they are said to be pretty good for the money. But I think of all the suggestions you've gotten I like Rockers the best. But then again, its all a matter of choice and opinion. Sounds like its in your price range too.

Good luck
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot guys! Now if only I can get up the courage to ask to try out the guitars at the music store!:D

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

That's the problem I'm facing at the moment!

I'm sure we'll both get through it though.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

don;t be afraid , go to a local guitar center, look around for awhile, talk to other people in the store, and just tell them, that your just begining, ask there opinion, talk to different salesmen
you can tell if one is just trying to make a sale, or one that really wants to help you, nobody
was born a guitar hero, we all start out knowing nothing 8)

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=1494 If you are looking at LP knock offs you can't go wrong with an Agile. Check out your local GC and see what style you like. If you like the LP style then check out agile on harmony central and other places on the net. I have had good luck with Rondo Music's SX strats, but I am not sure I would recommend them as the first electric (they can require some tweaking although I have had to do very little myself, others have had some issues). Kurt at Rondo will make things right if you do have any issues. I have a Squier Custom II Tele with P-90s and a maple fretboard that is a great little guitar also.

Good luck, and it is never too early to get an electric. I disagree with the people that say you have to start on acoustic. My thought around anything musical is that you and only you have to be satisfied, to continue. If that means that going out and buying the most hideous beast of a guitar you can find, as long as it works for you and you are satisfied enough to want to learn and play more, then it works.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I have to agree with everyone else and say that it's definitely not too early to get an electric guitar.

:)

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

let me tell you this my electric is an Epiphone Les Paul Special II it's my first guitar and i think there's nothing wrong with it for a first guitar, basically it does'nt just depend on the guitar itself you also need an amp that sounds good aswell for instance the Roland Micro-Cube i have gives me the sounds that i want and it's really cheap also it's like having a pedal built into your amp, anyway back to the guitar in the end it doesnt matter which guiatr you choose it's about if you feel comfortable with it

Hope this helps :D

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. When I have more time on the comp, I'll write a longer reply. Again, Thanks!:D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2