Notifications
Clear all

capo

22 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Sounds like you have a shallow radius on your acoustic, also a fairly thick neck, like a classical. Nothing at all wrong with that, but maybe a capo designed for a classical will work better! The old fashioned elastic band type should work and besides, they're cheap! You can't slap it on real quick, but that's never been a problem for me. Not too many songs that you shift capo positions on that I know of, but there probably are, just few and far between.

Try it and see what happens.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

This is the Shubb capo I use on my electric and acoustics....

very easy to use, very quick to put on and take off...

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

That sure looks effective Vic. :)

It has a certain clinical look to it as well. Like you could use it to set bones, or torture band members who played out of time. Or maybe even turn your singer into a falsetto... :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Considering who has it, it looks like a roach clip for a pint of beer! 8)

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@hobbypicker)
Estimable Member

I recently bought a Planet Vawes NS capo, and find it works great on all my guitars (yamaha nylon string and 12-string, Ovation 6-string and DeArmond electric.

ReplyQuote
(@graham)
Eminent Member

I have been using a Kyser capo but I picked up a G7 the other day. So far I like it a lot.

Graham

'72 Guild D25
'72 Guild A50 Archtop
'87 Guild GF25
'89 Guild JF30
'96 Guild DV-52
'99 Guild JF30-12

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

I've got the same Shubb capo as Vic, fits my electric and acoustic, no complaints after a year of use :)

But I have to use a bigger one to fit my classical guitar, the Shubb just ain't big enough. Useful as a partial barre though, if needed!

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2