cort LCS-1

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi

I'm interested in this cort LCS-1 archtop guitar.

Is it a good one ? how is it compared to epiphone joe pass guitar ?

(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

no answers ???

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

well, I dont know if its comparable to joe pass' guitar, but you can read here for a bunch of reviews to see what people generally thought of the guitar

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Cort/LCS_1-1.html

It turns out HC didn't have that many reviews, only 2

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I played one at the NAMM show last month. I'm a big fan of Coryell, so I had high expectations.

The Cort booth was fairly large, around 400 square feet, and it was set off in a side extension to the hall near the percussion stuff, so it was not ideal listening conditions. Acoustically, the tone was fair to good. Nothing striking, but I'd probably be more impressed in a better listening environment. I didn't get to plug it in, so I can't comment on the pickups.

The workmanship looked very good. Nice inlay and binding work. I must say it's a nice looking axe.

But compared to others in the same range and category, it felt very 'slow' to me. I know Larry uses heavier strings than I like on a jazz box (I think he uses 12-54s?), and I prefer flat wounds - this was strung with rounds - but the combination of heavy strings and action height on their display model left me fighting it a bit. Coupled with this, I didn't like the strings themselves. They actually felt like the cheap no-name strings I used to use back in the 70s - nearly 'sticky' under my fingers, with a lot of string noise. I've since searched some of the Cort forums on the web to see what it's strung with stock, but the answers I find (Elixir polyweb, D'Addario chrome, etc.) are not the strings that were on this guitar. They might be some house brand.

Among the mid-price ($1000-2000 list) guitars I played at NAMM, I'm afraid I rated this one dead last.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

tanks for your coments.

So I guess it's not such a good guitar ...

thanks

ReplyQuote