Notifications
Clear all

Do We Have Another eBay Scam Here?!

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That Mermaid sold for $1550 plus $200 shipping. Unbelieveable.

So, you find a REAL mermaid. This would be a scientific discovery that would be on the front page of every newspaper in the world. So what do you do?

The winner to this auction will recieve the sea creature shown in the photos below. The photos have not been altered or retouched nor are they result of photo shop. The entire body has been determined to be covered in once living fish skin with scales. I have drilled a small hole in the back of the head so that it can be hung up on a wall for display.

YOU DRILL A HOLE IN IT'S HEAD!
:roll:

Check out that person's other auctions. Really fortunate person, they have also found a mermaid with 2 heads, and a Morbid Alien Sea Monster Mummified from Hell.

I guess it's true what P.T. Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every day"

Man, I'm gonna look around for stuff to make me a real Martian. I should be able to get a Les Paul with the money I'm gonna make.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

It's all in how you phrase it, Wes...

"The photos have not been altered or retouched nor are they result of photo shop"

(these are REAL pictures of my fake mermaid)

"The entire body has been determined to be covered in once living fish skin with scales"

(you can't build a REAL fake mermaid without covering it in a carp tarp)

From his other auctions:

"The skin of the creature shown below was once ALIVE"

(the rest of it was once high grade fiberglass molding material, and the finest imported plaster)

"Signed by the artist on her back shoulder"

(accept no substitutes - these are GENUINE fake mermaids)

And my favorite...

"I do not accept bids from ebayers with a zero feedback"

(you must pre-qualify to bid; I won't sell this trash to just ANYbody)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

NoteBoat

Oh I know, I saw the tricky descriptions too. That person is so brazen.

What is astounding is how this person has tapped into certain very gullible persons in society. And some of these silly people are loaded! It is hard to believe that someone who is intelligent enough to make lots of money can be so naive and believe these obvious scams. I guess money is not the mark of common sense. :D

I noticed it was a private auction too. Is this to hide the identity of the seller?

Gotta give it to them, they know and understand their customers.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

It's just art - not my cup of tea, but not a deliberate scam like magnetic bracelets, pieces of red string etc. You can practically see the guy's tongue in his cheeck through his answers to the questions, no?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

You call that art? That thing is hideous. :shock:

Now this is what I call art. Even I might bid $1500 on this mermaid. :D

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

You call that art?
Me? Not really, but different strokes and all that... :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Don't ever get in a big hurry to buy anything off of e-bay. Like you may lose your chance. Just checking weekly you will see the same stuff being sold weekend and out. so if your looking for a certain pedal for instance. I will most likely see it for sell by others. I've seen kids pay 150 dollars for the eact same pedal I got for 30. And all I did different was be patient. Some people get in a big hurry and then get ripped. I can't see paying more for a used product you can get for less brand new at the guitar store. So be wise, be weary and you will do ok.

ReplyQuote
(@catcha)
Trusted Member

Well you know some people collect fake monsters and wierd memorabillia or art like we collect our guitars .
So they shouldnt be knocked for buying something they want for there hobby .

I know a collector that collects every model of a Dr Who monster he can lay his hands on , even though lots of them are one offs and built by amature collectors out of paper mache.

Its just his "thang" its quite harmless so really nobody is ripping anyone off here its just offering these collectors a service.
He thinks I AM mad for paying the money I do collecting Matsumoko made guitars and I have several almost the same!!!
He knows his Daleks from ebay are not real daleks and you would have to be extremely naieve to think that the bidders on these "Mermaids" actually think they are buying a dead sea creature :D

Its all arts and crafts same as our bits of wood and strings , be a little more forgiving of others hobbies not everyone discovers the guitar before the "monster" collecting takes hold, lol
Im not overly proud of the fact that I paid for a plastic model of The Creature From The Black Lagoon many moons ago before I discovered Rus Shiptons Guitar Player Songbook :D
Wes :
YOU DRILL A HOLE IN IT'S HEAD!

Who knows how many holes hes drilled, I bet the new owner will be drilling at least 2 more if they are not there already :shock:

Ill get my coat ....

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2