Notifications
Clear all

Do you do requests?

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter  

"Can you play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?" asked a delightful little girl in a lunchtime needlework class yesterday as I was warming up in the same room with some Bach.

So I played it next, and the entire needlework class sang along. Does this count as a gig?

I was already phased by the fact that little girls still do needlework classes, I thought the health and safety Nazis had shut down all that kind of stuff; but the simple pleasure of everybody singing along was something else. It restores your faith.

"Can you play Cavatina?" asked their teacher. I'd better get practising

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

If i'm just jamming whilst out, with friends or something, and someone comes and asks us if we can play someting. We usually do, or something very close to it. One of the guys i play with regularly has the gift of beaing able to sing and then just know the chords. And i can play pretty well just watching and following him.

Last request we did, "I'm Yours" Jason Mraz, but that was an easy one.

We have been sat with acoustic guitars before, and some comes over and says,CAN YOU GUYS DO DRAGONFORCE!

Seriously, on acoustic, no thanks!

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Oh, Oh, Oh, I just wanna say.....................No, bite yer tongue, count to 10 and don't get involved..................

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I generally refuse to "get off the stage!" or play anything by Journey or Survivor, but all that aside ...

*watch Rocky III for that, pls.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

At the Riverside Jam one year, a young lady came up to the stage and asked if she and her two friends could sing a song. We were a little unsure, but the bartender is waving and nodding his head "Yes!" So we asked her what she wanted to sing, and she said "Oh let's keep it simple - how about Mustang Sally." And off we went. Well it turns out that these 3 women had just returned from their paying gig singing classic/opera(?) at nearby Tanglewood Park (very famous in New England), and they loved to sing the blues after hours. And sing they could do quite well - they blew the doors off!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Excellent story, Alan.
(Yours too, Laz)

I can only dream of someone asking me to play something on the guitar.
First, I'd have to be able to and . . .
second, I think my fingers would turn to butter as soon as I tried.

Now, I'm going to work on Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star . . . just in case . . . . some day . . .

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Only if they ask!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote