Notifications
Clear all

epi les paul buying tips?

54 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Well, I found out for sure. I saw that the page with the wine red one was cached, and started checking the credit card. Turns out that my girlfriend saw me looking at them a while back, and knew we couldnt afford a real LP, so she ordered me one of these until we can afford something better (unless I just fall in love, and refuse to put it down). Have I got a great gal or what?

I'll post a review after it comes in. Shouldnt be any later than next tuesday or so from what she said.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

How can I *NOT* spend a couple hundred bucks for a completely playable, nice-looking LP copy?? I need help :cry:

It's the voices again Snarfy.... the voices..... we all must obey the voices.. buy..... more..... gear.... you.... will...... obey...... :twisted:
Have I got a great gal or what?

All sing: "....neeeeveeer let her goooooo...."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I love the P-90s! They're very hot, midrangey pickups with more treble "bite" to my ears than most humbuckers. It's easy to overdrive an amp by playing loudly with them. Their downside is that they are tremendous antennae for environmental hum, much more so than Fender single coils. They come reverse wound and reverse polarized so that the middle position is hum cancelling, but that also cancels out some of the characteristic tones of the individual pickups. (Makes one big humbucker out of them, effectively.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey Ramen Noodles are looking very good right now!

All kidding aside...I really think I am ordering one tomorrow. I have done some searching on the net and I haven't really found any bad reviews. Yea the occassional idiot who has a bad experience (he received the guitar with a cracked neck) but almost ALL of them said they are as good if not better than Epi's...

My problem is deciding on either the Agile 2500 ( http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500hc.html ) or the SX GG1 STD ( http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdashna.html ). I like the woodgrain of the SX GG1 but the 2500 is by far the better quality...Also with the 2500 I gave to decide what color to get...LOL

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

The medication controls most of the voices, Chris. Why, I haven't felt compelled to stand naked by the highway and hold up my "Free Willy" sign for weeks now.

But I am hearing this one voice, curiously one with an Australian accent, saying "7 guitars isn't nearly enough.....if you buy one more, you'll be able to play like Stevie Ray".

What's that about, do you think?

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

My daughter wants the white 2000 model. I'm trying to figure out if there's a big drop-off in quality between the 2500 and the 2000. Let us know how you like it if you do get one.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Does she have a sister? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Hey for $99 I thought about getting one of those as well. BUt I just want something a bit more and I think I am ready.

WAIT! Did you hear that? Yea it was me......I got G.A.S.! 8) 8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

SX GG1 STD ( http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdashna.html ). I like the woodgrain of the SX GG1 but the 2500 is by far the better quality...Also with the 2500 I gave to decide what color to get...LOL

I got the SX GG1 Natural Mahogany ( http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdmhna.html ) for my birthday a month or so ago and am still in love! The finish is beautiful. The binding is not quite as creamy colored as I was hoping for, but it is still incredible. Action and intonation were spot on out of the box. Sounds great, as well.

I have played several Epi LPs at GC since I got it and haven't really been too impressed. I'd take mine for sound, feel, and look anyday.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Does she have a sister? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Hey for $99 I thought about getting one of those as well. BUt I just want something a bit more and I think I am ready.

WAIT! Did you hear that? Yea it was me......I got G.A.S.! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yeah, she's got a sister but she's not anything like my girl.

For $99 I can take it wherever I want, and if it gets killed I wont feel too bad. I'll save up another month or 2 and be fine.

And if you dont do something to get rid of that G.A.S., no woman will have you :P

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I got the SX GG1 Natural Mahogany ( http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1stdmhna.html ) for my birthday a month or so ago and am still in love! The finish is beautiful. The binding is not quite as creamy colored as I was hoping for, but it is still incredible. Action and intonation were spot on out of the box. Sounds great, as well.

And now I am confused again! :? :? :? The reviews for this model are just as good and its $50 cheaper. With the saved money I can get a case!

I can't stop looking at that site now! This SUCKS! :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

There' a great thread going on here 8)

I don't know if you chose yet, but go for the 2500, or if you can afford, why not the 3500, there's no harm in a tiny upgrade. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I don't know if you chose yet, but go for the 2500, or if you can afford, why not the 3500, there's no harm in a tiny upgrade. :lol:

I am just trying to see what the real difference is between the SX series, 2000, and the 2500? I did see that between the 2000 and 2500 has to do with body structure (2000 a 3 piece body, 2500 2 piece). I do know that the fewer the pieces is supposed to make it a better guitar but besides structure I can't see how else?

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I can't find a difference between that one and the one that my girl ordered me. Call me stupid though, I can't figure out what STU stands for, and I assume STD stands for standard.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

One difference is that the SXs are made in China. The Agiles are made in Korea. I can't tell you what all the differences are between the 2000 and 2500 series, but I can tell you that the 2500 is a nice guitar.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

I got a SX GG1 Supreme in blue, and man it is an awesome guitar! I'm not trying to say it is as good as a $1000 guitar obviously but for the price, ($170 shipped), it beats anything from musicians friend for that price.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4