Clear all

Epi Les Paul Classic toggle switch question

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I posted this in the "Repair and Maintenance" forum but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there so I thought I would post it again here...

I recently purchased an Epiphone LP Classic and I think I may have a problem with the toggle switch. The owner's guide says that, when the switch is in the middle position, both pick ups are active. However, when mine is in the middle position, only the "treble" volume knob works. When I turn the treble the whole way down, I get no sound. Shouldn't I be able to adjust the volume for both pick ups?

Any help would be appreciated. It's a 45 minute drive to the shop I bought it at so I'd like to know if I actually have a problem before I drive out there.

Thanks

(@shadychar)
Trusted Member

On my Epi LP, when both pickups are on and either one of the volume knobs is all the way off, there's no sound.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

epiphone is known for its bad toggle switches, so, most likely, I think thats the problem. Many soluitons Ive heard about is to open up the control panel where the toggle dswitch is and the wires and other things that conenct to the switch

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I think I just answered your same question in the "Repair and Maintenance" forum.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Please avoid duplicate posts.

To respond to this thread, follow this link:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=16063

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote