Notifications
Clear all

Ever play two guitars at once?

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't particularly like the music Dibatio plays but he clearly is extremely devoted the the art of playing guitar. He has skills, oozes of it. The rest is about taste and opinions. I know I wouldn't mind having his technique.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

A&R men are just good at business.

i think once you use some sort of medium (anything whatsoever) to create noise in a melodic fashion with the intention of moving toward some ending or point, you are a musician. Someone who bangs random pots isn't a musician. Someone who bangs pots with a purpose of creating something rythmic IS a musician.

i understand Dibatio's a devoted guy. it shows. I can't move my fingers that fast. that's great, to be devoted to something like that. I just don't think he channels his energies into making something memorable. Sure, he is trying to do that, but I don't think he accomplishes that. He's a great guitar player, but he sure isn't a great musician. There is a difference. Of course, some may differ and that's cool. Someone said all good rock and roll is mostly theatre (that was awfully paraphrased, sorry), and he's definitely got that going for him.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2