Notifications
Clear all

Fender American Strat HH

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@justin_123078)
Topic starter  

This is my first post and I am needing some advice. I have been playing acoustic for a couple of years and am going to be buying an electric. I have been doing a little research and have heard some great things about the Fender American Strat HH. Does anyone own this or have ever played it? If so, let me know what you think. Thanks for the help!

(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

You can read about and hear people talk about guitars till you're blue in the face. The key is to get out and try them, then you can decide!

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The Fender American Stratocaster is a good solid guitar. Nothing fancy about it. It is a working man's guitar. Just built solid. The Strat is a very versatile guitar, probably the most versatile electric. You can get great solid Rock tone on the bridge pickup, Country twang a click up, great Clean in the middle, Hendrix at position 4, and nice chimey almost acoustic at the neck.

My Strat has humbuckers at the bridge and neck, single coil in the middle.
I think humbuckers sound much smoother when using distortion. They are not noisey like single coils. So if you plan on using distortion a lot, I'd go with humbuckers. If you like very clean guitar, I'd go with single coils. They are brighter than humbuckers.

But as Metaellihead said, go down and try a few guitars. You might like the deeper rich tone of a Les Paul, or the acoustic sound of a semi-hollow.
Make sure to play the guitars through a good amp. Try clean and distortion sounds. Turn all the knobs and listen to the various tones.

But the American Strat is a great guitar. Along with the Les Paul it is the most popular guitar with professionals. That says it all.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote