Fender Blues Amp on...

Notifications
Clear all

Fender Blues Amp on eBay...GREAT Price!

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I hope this is where to put this..I am not the one selling this so I didn't want to put it in the Swap Meet Forum.

This auction ends in 8 hours and is for a Fender Tweed Reissue Blues Deluxe Amp for $285! These go for I believe $500 so I am sure you can get it a a great price even with the $45 shipping (which is not that expensive for shipping this!)...

I wish I could afford it...I JUST played this amp yesterday at Daddy's Junky Music. GREAT sounds...I tried out a Fender Tele Deluxe and a hollowbody Artcore with it...SWEET!

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

This bid will probably go up quite a bit. This amp cannot be very old, the Blues Deluxe Reissue came out about 6 months ago I believe.

Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

This amp is very similar to the Hot Rod Deluxe. I am not really sure how it is different from the HRD. Same watts, same tubes, maybe different speaker??

As popular as the HRD is, many Fender fans still wanted the Blues Deluxe back, so Fender reissued it. But the HRD was really just supposed to be a hot rodded BD to begin with.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I believe the big difference is in circuit design, to give the Blues Deluxe a warmer, bluesier sound than the Hot Rod Deluxe. That usually means more mids and less highs, or more low mids and less high mids. It also lacks the More Drive chanel. The Hot Rod Deluxe is probably the more versatile amp, but there are a group of real devotees to the Blues Deluxe. Thus the reissue.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

slothrob

Thanks for the explanation. I have a buddy who owns a very old Blues Deluxe. He says it sounds better than my HRD, but I have heard it many times and really cannot tell the difference at all. Oh well.

By the way, there are 4 hours left now and the price is up to $360. I'm betting it goes for at least $500 before it's over. That's still a nice savings unless shipping is real expensive.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

The winning bid was $407 dollars, someone got a deal.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, $407 plus $45 shipping = $452. This amp goes for $630 on Musicians Friend. And thats not counting shipping. So at least a $178 savings on an amp that can't be over 6 months old.

How come I can't get deals like that? :D

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

not to brag, 8) , but i got a PRS Santana SE on e-bay for $400 two years ago including shipping....

ReplyQuote