Clear all

Fender S-1 question

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

got an am dlx strat with the s-1 system...however when plugged in i can hear it engage and disengage...should it be totally silent when used?...can any of you hear when you press it or out?...thanks

(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

On my am deluxe tele I can not hear the switch engage. I would think that's the way it should be. Might want to have it looked at.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

so all of you s-1 players notice no sound at all when making the switch??

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Maybe give some of us a little time to check it out. My initial response is No but I might want to try it and pay attention to what you are noticing. To be clear, you are talking about the switch inside the volume control, not that 5 position switch.

I'll check it during the day tomorrow or Saturday and report back what I find.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yes the switch inside the vol.

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I'm not entirely positive you can't hear the switch on most other guitars. For example when Hendrix switches between pickups in some recordings you can hear the switch switching back and forth, is that what you're hearing? I would assume that's normal as long as it isn't brutally obvious or anything.

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i have this Guitar also, mine is quiet

The S-1 switch is a bit more quiet then the standard pup switch most are familiar with.
i have seen others who have this ask the same and answers have varied from a slight "click" to a "pop" the slight click is normal i think but a "pop" would lead me to believe that something is wrong.
search the FDP http://www.fenderforum.com/ for more info

#4491....

ReplyQuote