Skip to content
For those looking t...

Notifications
Clear all

For those looking to record to computer...

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

TonePort is a new product by Line6 (makers of PodXT and GuitarPort that has all the tones like those products but also makes it easy to record to your computer. I didn't check the price but it looks like it might be a step down from GuitarPort (kind of like the M-Audio MidiSport but supped up)...

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It does not come out till the winter so we will have to wait to see the reviews.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

thats cool

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"I didn't check the price".......

I like free software, so I guess I'll just stick with Audacity.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

VicHey Vic. The software will be free when you buy the hardware :lol:

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nwoodgirl)
Trusted Member

Vic
I am just starting to look for a way to record my playing/singing just as a way of tracking progress. I am hoping to find something uncomplicated. What are you using Vic to put your music on Audacity?

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

i'm looking for free software too without the hardware, just something i can record a song so i can hear how it sounds and find it again later

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

i'm looking for free software too without the hardware, just something i can record a song so i can hear how it sounds and find it again later
Try Audacity and Kristal audio engine. Links to both are on my home page linked below

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@uptownskateshop)
Eminent Member

I may not be correct but doesn't the new Soundblaster Cards have ports for those "instrument" cables that are used for electric guitar and bass?
I also heard they are very good in sound quility, the name of the new card is called X-fi, "extreme fidelity", and have muiltiple versions of the sound card. Soundblaster is famous for creating quality soundcards for "gamers", but have also supplied musicians with features regarding audio creation. The old card that Soundblaster manufactures makes (Audigy) have these ports aswell. I am noting at the X-fi card because I've heard it's a vast improvement over competitor cards. I beieve if you have the money and dont have a relitivly new soundcard, why not upgrade to something thats not obsolete. They also emphasis their 24 bit quality if that means anything.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/audiocreation/

Check it out.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I haven't heard much about that new card, but Creative has never been known for their recording quality. A Creative card is fine to get started with if you already have one, but if you're buying a sound card specifically to record music you should probably pick a brand with a good reputation.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Any sound card with a line in port can handle an instrument cable. You may need a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter but it will work. There are several cards that will give better quality though...I heard of the Creative cards but I never used a SoundBlaster card. M-Audio also make one specifically for recording and has a 1/4" jack and midi & mic jacks. They are $99 and insert into your PCI slot. Takes about 5 minutes to install. Those will give you the BEST sound quality since they are made specifically for recording. But if you don't need "best" quality then your onboard sound card will work just fine with an adapter.

ReplyQuote