Clear all

Getting Back in Shape

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well I've been on vacation for the last week, and I've actually played almost the same time I always do, except I was playing on a Classical Guitar with a great big plank of wood for a neck, and now I actually love that great big plank of wood, even with my little hands.

How long will it take for me to get used to the little neck on my Ibanez ?

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

7 years

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

How long will it take for me to get used to the little neck on my Ibanez ?

Only one way to find out - pick it up, plug it in and let 'er rip! I'm guessing somewhere between "no time at all, really" and "not very long." If you usually spend most of your time on the Ibanez, your muscle memory will soon kick in.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah most of my time, it just feels awkward after one whole week of a classical guitar.

LOL 7 years.. it took me about an hour to get used to it the first time O_O, but I guess It'll have to wait cause since I left it for a week my strings are all rusty and I'm going to change the strings for the first time ( Floyd Rose * suspense music* )

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Changing strings will be fine- there was a good video for it someplace around here... (Anyone?)

Seriously- I put it off for ages because I was intimidated by how the FR looks- really complicated.

It isn't, though- go slow, make no sudden moves, and it'll be great.

Bst,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

FR trems are not really that difficult at all - one you get the basic working/concept of them down. I had a good vid of a guy in a music shop changing strings/adjusting them, but I can't seem to find it right now, I'll will keep looking through my bookmarks for it.

Here is another good one though - there is a second part to it after watching the first. Just be careful when removing the strings from the trem that you don't lose those little string blocks that the allen screws tighten the string up against; they have a tendency to fall out! I know from personal experience! :lol:

To make it easy, most guys will do one string at a time, but I usually remove them all at once, as I like to live dangerously! :mrgreen:

Good Luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHzlvIxlEV0

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Me partially, I prefer the feel of a classical guitar more than a steel string. However, the great players play equally good on both, so you get the idea.

ReplyQuote
(@shurid_gh)

Its depends on you.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

FR trems are not really that difficult at all - one you get the basic working/concept of them down. I had a good vid of a guy in a music shop changing strings/adjusting them, but I can't seem to find it right now, I'll will keep looking through my bookmarks for it.

Here is another good one though - there is a second part to it after watching the first. Just be careful when removing the strings from the trem that you don't lose those little string blocks that the allen screws tighten the string up against; they have a tendency to fall out! I know from personal experience! :lol:

To make it easy, most guys will do one string at a time, but I usually remove them all at once, as I like to live dangerously! :mrgreen:

Good Luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHzlvIxlEV0

Lol I removed them all because I am a total stupid-head xD, the guy told me to do em one at a time, and I forgot and just took em all off xD.

But I'm really liking the classical guitar xD.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

But I'm really liking the classical guitar xD.

Yep, it gets addictive. I play rock and punk on mine and it sounds quite fine. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

O_O LOL I really don't believe you xD I play well herm Clasical stuff on it and fingerpicking stuff, but punk ? xD.

I'm slowly restringing my Ibanez, I tried today and I wanna cry, cause it has some things to hold the ball ends under the bridge and I didn't notice them and just stuck the ball ends in there ( they went right around the holding thing and down) then when I finished I noticed the bridge was still down and I saw the problem, so I unwrapped the strings from the tuners in the headstock, and just closed the case and went to my room to cry xD ( I didn't really cry but I am really frustrated rite now)

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

O_O LOL I really don't believe you xD I play well herm Clasical stuff on it and fingerpicking stuff, but punk ? xD.

No reason you can't play punk on a classical guitar - it's not about the guitar, it's about the ATTITUDE! I've seen Brian May play a rock'n'roll medley on a classical guitar, so why not punk?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well maybe it doesn't sound the same ? xD

But yeah as long as you have the Attitude, and long hair to go with it, you can be a Rock god on a classical :P

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Well maybe it doesn't sound the same ? xD

But yeah as long as you have the Attitude, and long hair to go with it, you can be a Rock god on a classical :P

Hmm, don't know the part about being a rock god, but I would recommend you to check out my soundpage. All songs on my classical guitar, some are quite punk while others are soft. Or that might be my uncanny devotion towards punk music. :note1:

ReplyQuote