Clear all

GNX4 setup question

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have the GNX4 and I love it. I am using it with my Crate glx212 combo amp and I have a question. How should I best setup the cound on my amp. I know that's just begging the answer "However sounds best to you" but what I am looking for is a good place to start.

Should I click on the bypass and tune the amps low,mid and high to how I would like it to sound if I was just playing through the amp? or should I set the 3 even at the 12 o-clock position (these knods turn clockwise from 7 o-clock to 5)?

Also, since this isn't a tube amp and there is no issue of saturation, should I use the amps level to control my final volume or should I use the 1/4" output level to control it. if I set my amp at 5 I have to turn down the output controll to almost none (when I am playing/practicing at home) but if I run the amp at 2 or 3 the output level is up at 4 or 5. Its all solid state so does it really matter or do I want more signal coming out of the GNX into the amp?

Thanks any and all for your advice.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would set the amp to a clean setting one both channels. Maybe use channel two so there's a different sound between the two channels, one rhythm channel and one lead channel. You have to experiment and find the best volume between the pedal and the amp. Without hearing it makes it hard to suggest something. I would start by finding a low volume setting that gives you a sound like your playing LA forum. You can always turn it up.

With as much rack equipment and all the amps I use I can have the windows open and not have anyone complain and sound like a million dollars. (except today it snowed knee deep overnight). You can always turn is up. get control of your sound at a lower volumes then go from there. Nothing worse than showing up to play somewhere only to find out the other guitarist is tone deaf.

And this is from someone who loves playing loud. there's a time and place for it. It's called dynamic's. Without it a band would sound like every other garage band. When you sound good you play better and you'll feel great. If others your playing with are to loud and you can't hear the music, in a nice way ask them to turn down. It's a long to the top if you want to Rock& Roll.

Joe

ReplyQuote