Notifications
Clear all

Gorilla Snot RULES!

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I have damp hands as well, never had trouble holding onto a pick though.

I have to change strings after about 20-30 hours, despite washing my hands before I play and wiping down the guitar after. It's pretty annoying.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I use Pickboy picks (I have "Edge" picks, that I've modified), that have a raised pattern on both sides, so slipping is only a problem when I get over-confident with them. :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I use my fingers and thumb exclusivley for picking and so far I haven't dropped one yet :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Ever been to a concert and seen one of those multi pick holders on the performers mic stand? There's a reason for that, those little things can slip out of the best players hand. :wink:
Absolutely.
Back when I was doing a lot of stagehand gigs at festivals, I used to collect dozens of picks off the stage floor every night. I just put them in a candy dish near the monitor console, and let anyone help themselves when they needed one.
Several times a day I'd have a player rush over to the dish and grab a couple between songs.

Any picks left over came with me after the show, and after all these years I still have handfuls of them in almost every colour, size, style and weight imaginable.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I use Pickboy picks (I have "Edge" picks, that I've modified), that have a raised pattern on both sides, so slipping is only a problem when I get over-confident with them. :lol:

Interesting. I have some of these as well. I like them, but find they spin and slip more easily than Tortex or Gator Grip Dunlops. I think it may be because my fingers are pretty well calloused from fingerstyle and bass playing, so the flat Pickboy bumps (or holes in some models) don't work as well as maximized surface area contact.

Seem to be a lot of pick-stickin' variation among players. Who knew?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2