Clear all

Guitar Case

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a hardshell case for my seagull and its a real pain to carry it around being that it has a poor quality handle, and it's quite heavy. Are there gig bags, or something with shoulder straps, I can put my hardshell case in to carry it around?

Zacharias Wolf

(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member

A guitar case case? :D

Seriously, um...maybe you could find a way to attach straps to the case. You might have to get creative with attaching the straps to the case. A strap at each end, wrapping completely around the width of the case, with quick release clips...then a padded strap, attached end to end with the wrapping straps.

Pretty hard to describe the pic in my head. Course, that's probably a good thing. :D

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

ReplyQuote
(@guitarteacher)
Trusted Member

Any decent luggage store will have the hardware and ability to set up your case for a strap. Also a good place to go if your handle breaks.

Good Luck.

If you want to be good, practice. If you want to be great, you must constantly change the way you think.

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

lol lummoxx, yeah a guitar case case.
I just wish I could zip a gig bag over my hardshell, but none are large enough as far as I have seen. I might design my own contraption, but I am hoping I can lazily purchase something. Thanks for the advice guitarteacher and lummoxx!

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

I saw something like this in a Portland, OR guitar store a couple of years ago. I can't remember who made it. But it was some type of nylon cover that zipped around your case, and had shoulder straps. I know it came in different sizes because they were out of the size I needed. I did a quick google search and found this. I am sure there is more out there.

http://www.finecases.com/browse/cedar-creek-cases/cedar-creek-cases-2958.html

http://www.guitarbackpack.com/Prod_DCasePack.htm

J

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Morpheus! I sincerely hope one of those fits my case, damn pricey for a matter of conveniance.

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

A guitar case case? :D
...just as long as it's not stored in the guitar case itself when not in use. Someone trying to label it could get stuck in an infinite loop. :shock:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Look for old rucksack frames. Around 20-30 years ago, many rucksacks were just a bag attached to an H-frame - the bag and frame could easily be separated. Some of these rucksacks still seem to exist (unless people are carrying 20 year old rucksacks). I'm fairly certain that a similar style can be found in fishing shops, particularly those that serve the sea-fishing community - often found as an accessory to large tackle boxes.
Dump the bag and use some luggage straps to attach the hardshell case to the H-frame.
This is the sort of thing I'm talking about:
Rucksack

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

frets.com has a page on just what your looking for. Not for sale.

http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Acessories/Cases/WCases/WCover/wcover.html

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Just come to think of that I have "rucksack" aluminum frame from a baby carrying chair that I have modified and "disconnected" the chair parts and just using the "main fame" with its carrying shoulder straps. I have used it for carrying big photobags and camera stands , but it should be possible use on a guitar hard case and carrying my new baby...

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

A Rucksack is called an External Frame Backpack on this side of the pond. I use my frame to carry unwieldy large bags of duck decoys, and to pack sides of venison during hunting season. They are very useful. With several bungee cords you can lash anything to them. By the way they sell them in alot of outdoor shops check out stores that sell hunting equipment.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote