Clear all

Guitar stands...Safe for guitars?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@red_dwarf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have one of those guitar stands that holds 3 guitars (the ones in music shops). Wondering... I hang up 3 of my guitars on them. Is there any detriment to the guitar necks, always hanging like that? Just curoius.

"The whole purpose in life is to not be bored"

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Well i've been using the three guitar style stand since january of this year and i haven't had any problems with it. I don't think it puts any strain on the neck since I don't think that will ruin the neck... however, if you try to pull the neck aggressively FORWARD away from the body you could ruin the neck(what i mean by this is if you're holding your guitar like you are playing it and pushing forward in front of you with alot of force it could damage it).

Guitars can be surprisingly stable instruments, I read an article about SRV's guitar tech and he said that he rarely had to fix his guitars because they were so versatile... however, that doesn't mean you should throw your guitar on the ground and step on it and be so aggressive like SRV was.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Most guitar shops hang their guitars by the neck. I've had mine on the walls around my house for some years now -- no problems from the hanging. From a mechanical point of view, I wouldn't expect any.

Just don't forget about keeping the environment (temp/humidity) friendly for any solid top acoustics. This is easy to forget when they hang around all the time.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote