How many guitars do you own?

78 Posts
56 Users
0 Likes
13.6 K Views
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I've never seen this posted, and I have just found myself owning 4 guitars, acoustic, solidbody electric, hollowbody electric!, and classical. In trying to fit them all into my room, with my bed and desk, I realized that besides space requirements, I love having different guitars, and I can easily imagine happily owning a shopsworth of axes.

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

bltc
(@bltc)
Trusted Member

I own three: and Acoustic, a Classical, and an Electric that I just bought earlier this week.

My space is limited so I got a wall hanger to hang up my Classical (being the lightest).

ReplyQuote
(@david_mohn)
Trusted Member

Currently, I've got 7
two electrics, two accoustics (one twelve string), a classical, and a bass

I've got six of them hanging on the wall at all times. I'm usually playing the seventh.

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

Five in all (6 if you count the one i have on layaway)
4 electrics..a hamer, a fender stratocaster, a peavey predator, an old Marlin,
and one acoustic..an Ibanez PF series 6 string

(the one on layaway is an Ibanez PF series acoustic 12 string)

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Today just 2 (acoustic and solid) since I had a few stolen and am getting ready to buy a semi-hollow.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@eclips3)
Eminent Member

I'm the proud owner of two guitars. A modified US Fender Strat, and a Yamaha something or other Accoustic. Another Electric coming soon, the Ibanez Jem7V. Also considering a Martin 12 String Accoustic, but that'll be at the end of the year.

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

4. 2 acoustic, 2 electric. 5 if you include the bass.

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Currently 2, technically 4 if you count the two basses. A 1996 squire, and a 25 year old yamaha acoutsic. The basses are a 2 year old affinity p-bass and a 1982 Peavey patriot.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

never enough :wink:

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

A quick look round my music room says

there's my Alhambra 4P Classical
my Les Paul copy
a Washburn D13S accoustic
my old B&M Classical
my no-name Strat lookalike (wish it sounded-alike)
and a recently acquired Martin Backpacker

there's also

my son's Encore bass
his Encore Strat-lookalike (it sounds-more-alike than mine too)
his no-name but sounds good Classical

The first guitar I ever had is up in my bedroom - action a mile high and feels like it's made out of solid oak. Sentimental value prevents me throwing it out

And my 12-string accoustic - stripped down for 6 strings at the moment - is in my girlfriend's lounge.

So, eight of mine and three of Mike's.

I don't think it's that many, but visitors usually say "haven't you got a lot of guitars"

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

2 - sortof:

The one I actually own is an epiphone classical guitar

Then there's the one I stole - uh I mean borrowed indefinately :wink: - from my brother - a yamaha something or other electric guitar

:) Portia

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

I own five,

A 1974 Gibson Les Paul Classic
A 1971 Stratocaster
1982 Fransiscan Flat top acoustic
A Guild Dreadnaught Acoustic (Blonde) My favorite
and a Fender acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

Although I've purchased four guitars since I started playing earlier this year, I only have two in my possession - an Epiphone DR100VS acoustic and an Ibanez GAX70TR electric, both of which I absolutely love.

The first one I even bought was a Squier Bullet electric, and I got bored with that rather quickly. Not a bad guitar but not terribly versatile. Gave it to a friend who plays but didn't have an electric and replaced it with a Yamaha Pacifica. That was a pretty nice guitar for the price, but the tone control busted on it pretty quickly, and while I was trying to figure out how to fix it, I ended up buying the Ibanez. Of course, then I was able to fix the Yamaha, so it's now living at another friend's house so he can learn on it. The Epi came along somewhere in the middle of all that. :)

(waiting for Nick to post that darn picture again...) :D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll have to take the fifth amendment or plead insanity. I'm crazy about all Guitars.

As many as my heart desires. I lost count years ago, consider any Guitar an investment in the future.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

I have 3. I no-name strat look alike. Cort M200 (Essentially a PRS look alike) and a Washburn. I am thinking of adding a Ibanez RG350dx to the line-up. Just because I hate the Whammy bar on the strat.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6