Notifications
Clear all

Guitarport Questions

29 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

If you are not worried about guitar effects then the M-audio is a far better choice but just to correct the above.. the Guitarport can indeed be used as an ASIO soundcard via USB.

Lee

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Lee

I have every intention of buying the Mobile Pre today at Guitar Center. They have one in stock, and its $150. As long as I dont let my brain get in the middle of it, then I should get it today. Have a tendacy to let my logic over rule my GASeous buying sprees.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/701368/
Anyone know if the freebie is any good?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Another case of GAS officially squished. I arrived home today with a new M-Audio Mobile Pre USB and WHOA do I have lots to learn. But the clean sound is terrific and I appreciate everyone leading me to thsi decision. You guys' friendship and assistance is what makes this place great.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

and WHOA do I have lots to learn.

Geoo

Speak up! What do you need to learn?

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL Well.. Why when I record does it only record in mono? I have to split the stereo track, which really isnt, then duplicate the track, and merge it back together as stereo.

I recorded a little song I have been working on for the Sunday Songwriters this week and the first time I recorded it the mic sounds were decent volume wise, but then the second time I couldnt hear it at all.. I dont think I made a single change.

The guitar sound seems to be cutting out a bit which I think is because I had latency set to basically none. I step it up a bit and sounded great the next time around.

The only other things are some house keeping problems I have. Such as, making a wind breaker peice so that when I belt into the mic it doesnt get all that air going into it. Things of that nature.

I have to say Tracker this thing is better than sliced bread with Audacity. I just recorded a sample of what I would like to do for my part on one of the online jams and it sounds terrific. This is going to make life so easy.

Ahh I also need to familiar myself with Audacity better. Never done this side of recording.

Thanks again.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It will be a "process" learning everything, but it seems you are well on your way!

It seems you are working stuff out as you go, that is the bad news. The good news is, you are well on your way to figuring this stuff out! 8)

Glad you like the MobilePre! In time you will work it out. It doesn't seem like you need help as you are figuring it out for yourself! 8) That IS a good thing! 8) 8) 8)

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

LOL Well.. Why when I record does it only record in mono? I have to split the stereo track, which really isnt, then duplicate the track, and merge it back together as stereo.

Forgive me for sounding ignorant here but how do you get "stereo" from a single instrument?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You have two channels, you can use them seperately "mono" or you can use them together "stereo".

Geoo,

Just plug into the "stereo mic" (1/8 male adapter needed) and you can control both channels, Channel 1 for left side and Channel 2 for the right side.

Mike

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Just plug into the "stereo mic" (1/8 male adapter needed) and you can control both channels, Channel 1 for left side and Channel 2 for the right side.

Ohh.. why did I waste $20 on an XLR cable for the mic? heh I assumed that it would be the better choice.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

What type of mic do you have? Condenser, right? Whats the make/model?

I plug my mixer into the stereo mic slot so I can have more control.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You said your mic broke in "Another Day". Again, what mic do you have (I guess "did" you have fits better)?

You have a great voice!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Its a Nady 1001 MK2 Wireless. I cant control it. It is so unreliable.

Thank you SO much for the comments. You made my night. Seriously. I nearly ditched the song.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I nearly ditched the song.

Geoo

I'm glad you didn't!!!

I'm going through a LOT right now and your song touched home for me. I've been considering taking some time off from GN because of it, but if I did I might have missed your song and I'm glad I haven't yet.........

Thank You!

Mike

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2