Ha! An Epiphony!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, so I am learning "Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down" by Nancy Sinatra. It's coming along great, but while practicing it I figured something out:

I can barre Em with my index finger, and then sort of "roll it over" and barre A! Ha! I can go so fast on that switch now it's ultra-keen! And I was good at it before, but this is unreal. I must have sat and just riffed off that little roll for over an 3 hours tonight. 8)

The middle knuckle of my finger is at an angle, sort of "headed" at the nut where the high E hits it. Then, I just roll parallel toward the bridge and Bingo! It's hit or miss whether the high E will ring, but that actually adds a cool voicing to it. And I can still do it the other way, so WIN WIN WIN! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I am going to work on it some more, and see if I can use the same thing and add a finger to get D the same way. I'd still be playing but the inside of my index finger is really sore. It hurts so good I can't stand it! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I love stuff like this....

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It is always a great feeling when something comes together or you stumble onto something that really works. Congrats :!:

I would however, go see a doctor about that "Epiphany" thing I am not sure how serious that is. Hopefully it's not like a heart attack or something. :lol: :D

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

do you have Epiphone on your mind?

congrads on your discovery. they come in threes BTW :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

If these things come in threes I can't wait!

Once I get home I am going to practice like there is no tomorrow...

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote