Clear all

Hard to choose???

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can get my hands on one of two electric guitars too bad I cannot afford both. Co-worker is selling his Schecter C-1 Classic or a Fender Mexican Strat Satin with Duncan pickups, 2 single coils plus a humbucker. I am having a hard time deciding. Both are in excellent shape. I am leaning toward the Schecter since I have been told that low end strats are worth it. Any opinions would be great. Mostly play Floyd, Linkin Park etc....

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Gee, I can't imagine what I'd do. :wink:

I have a C-1+ (look left) and it plays almost as sweet as my Fender American Deluxe Stratocastor. It was half the price.

I truly believe that the Schecter is one of the best values you'll find in a guitar. I would buy the Schecter over a similar priced Strat any day.

The dual humbuckers are awesome as well. Warm or crunchy. Great feel and playability and mine wasn't even setup locally. It was mint from the factory.

Schecter.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

How does the C1 Classic compare to the C1+??

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Yours was the one I wanted originally. However, I couldn't find one anywhere and I came across the C1+ and am not diappointed.

I don't think I can say it better than this.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/compare?g=guitar&base_pid=513072&base_pid=513010

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Try them both out and see which one sounds and plays like it was meant for you, you'll know cause it will almost play itself. You'll seem like your just along for the ride. Everything will just sound so great you won't want to put it down.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I own a Schecter C1 E/A and it is great. The DD pickups are ok, but the guitar in general is just sweet.

Mexi strats are nice too. It depends on your own preference. I think it is telling that Bish owns a USA strat but chooses to use the Schecter as his avatar.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I want a classic SO bad. Schecter C1 Classic.. is my dream guitar.

Someday... SOME day

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

I think it is telling that Bish owns a USA strat but chooses to use the Schecter as his avatar.

What does that tell us about your avatar ? :)

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Yeah baby!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

As the proud owner of a new C-1+, I'd have to say you can't really go wrong with the Schecter...but like forrok_star said, the only way to know for sure is to play them both and see what feels and sounds best to you. Everything about a guitar is subjective to the individual player when it comes right down to it. :)

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

I have a mexican strat and don't have any complaints, but the fret work design on the schecter along makes me thing I may need one of those too... Figure out a way to get both...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

but the fret work design on the schecter along makes me thing I may need one of those too...
LOL!!! :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

I want a classic SO bad. Schecter C1 Classic.. is my dream guitar.

Someday... SOME day

Geoo

That guitar is hoootttttt :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

Guitar Center has the C1 in this months best deals catalog for $799 (or 24 bucks a months if that is your thing)

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

ReplyQuote