Clear all

Hard to choose???

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can get my hands on one of two electric guitars too bad I cannot afford both. Co-worker is selling his Schecter C-1 Classic or a Fender Mexican Strat Satin with Duncan pickups, 2 single coils plus a humbucker. I am having a hard time deciding. Both are in excellent shape. I am leaning toward the Schecter since I have been told that low end strats are worth it. Any opinions would be great. Mostly play Floyd, Linkin Park etc....

(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

for me that would be an easy choice, i would go with the schecter, never been a big fan of strats or anything made by fender for that matter, but its really about personal choice, which one do you see yourself with, which sound do you like......and so on

goodluck on your choice

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Fenders are a dime a dozen. I've owned a few. I'd grab the Schecter you can always trade it in if you don't like it. Oh yea play them both(on your amp) you might not like the sound or feel of one or the other.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I've played Strats for years and years, and they're, well, Strats - not that I've much experience of Mexican ones. USA and Squier are both excellent, in their different ways.

But the Schecter C-1 Classic is just that - an absolutely outstanding and unique guitar. Go for that one IMHO. You can pick up an inexpensive Strat any day - the Standard Squiers are just fine, provided you choose one carefully - but you may never find a C-1 Classic for a good price again!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thought I was seeing double vision.

Intro
E------------------------------|----------------------------|
B------------------------------|---------------------------*|
G------------------------------|----------------------------|
D-12\--5----5-5-5-7-5---|-12\--5----5-5-5-7----|
A-12\--3----0-3-0-5-3---|-12\--3----0-3-0-5---*|
E------------------------------|-----------------------------|

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure how this thread duplicated itself, but I'm locking this one down and the conversation can continue on its Doppelgänger:

Hard to choose

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote