0 Likes
 tmac
(@tmac)
Eminent Member

You may want to check these sites out:

http://myquill.cc/ - for info on diatonic harps

http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/ - for info on chromatic harps

TMac

If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.
- Audre Lorde

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanx!
great sites

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

hmm bringing this old topic back up,

anyway I don't know nothing about harmonicas but I just got one for xmass since I asked for one

but I got a hohner orchester bravo one, is it like the name says..for playing in an orchester? it sounds like it

what I want an harmonica for is for the typical sound you find in some of neil young's songs(hey hey my my, thrasher), so it matches guitar songs in that style...

so the question is, is this a good one for that or should I try to trade it in for another one? I rather have some bluesy sounds than the cheerfull sounds I seem to be getting from this one,yea i tried it out so I guess that reduces the chances of a possible trading-in action :-/ or do I just need to learn it first and I will find the sound in it i'm looking for?

thx in advance

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's a weird instrument, harmonica....I suppose you could tab it out, but in my experience, it's something you have to FEEL....

And the price of the buggers in the UK, £20 or more for a Hohner Blues Harp....I bought three last year when I had a little money, in A C and D....should've got one in E really, but $40 (near enough) makes a big hole in the strings/plecs budget...

I'd love to have the money to buy a full set of blues harps....A, Bb, B......etc......but that would cost around £240....could get a decent guitar for that.....

I'll stick to playing in A or D and do my Dylan thing.....too costly otherwise!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

hmm bringing this old topic back up,

anyway I don't know nothing about harmonicas but I just got one for xmass since I asked for one

but I got a hohner orchester bravo one, is it like the name says..for playing in an orchester? it sounds like it

hmmm. seems to be different from a blues harp. - bigger. I'd say you probably want to trade it for a blues harp. I have some Lee Oscars and some Marine bands. Think the lee oscars are easiest for beginners.

If you can afford a few - A and C are essential IMO - goes with E blues and G blues, and songs in A, C, f# and a.

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@mogal)
Trusted Member

Anyone know what kind of harmonica is being played in "What I Like About You"?? We couldn't figure out what key harmonica to buy. The chord progression is E-A-D.

MoGal

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3