Clear all

Help

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Um how do you get a picture under your name in this forum?

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Go into your profile and at the bottom is a place where you can put the URL of your picture. It has to be hosted off of GN and can't come directly off of your hard drive. You'll need to input the entire URL, i.e., or.gif. It needs to be 80x80 pixels in diameter, maximum.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You have to have a picture hosted on a website, somewhere - note the URL (address, including the file name and suffix). Please keep it small - ideal size is 80pixels x 80pixels, 72bpi resolution. If your pic is larger, there are programs, such as Avatar Resizer, that will reduce it for you.
First, you want to check that the picture will load, so open your browser and enter the URL of the pic (it will be something like " ") - click on the URL box in the browser, to copy the URL, so that you don't have to enter it all again
When you are so far, go to your profile and scroll down to the bottom, to the avatar contol panel. Just paste the URL into the "Link to off-site Avatar" field. Basta!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote