Clear all

Highway 1 Tele

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here's the deal...local GC has a used Highway 1 Sunburst Tele for $390! Seems to be in mint condition. Plays like a dream. Would only need new strings. The finish seems like it would relic beautifully. The thing is, I walked out without it! Am I crazy? Is this a great price? I may go back tomorrow and get it (if it's still there)

(@xeran)
Eminent Member

I've been desiring a tele myself. Seems like a good deal to me :)

Lost hope in life? Visit http://bobsagetonline.com

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Seems like a good deal, but dont relic it. Guitars are mean't to be played, not destroyed to make it look cool. Only posers do that, and the same with those stupid jeans that are already torn up.... Why would you want to pay more for a worn out pair of jeans? :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yoyo, I agree completely. I was talking about the "natural" aging that a guitar goes through over time. The finish on these Highway 1s is such that it seems like it would age nicely. I probably shouldn't have used the word Relic. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is intentionally destroy something that I've paid good money for.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yeah man, I don't baby my guitars, but I definatley don't beat them up on purpose... I mean, SRV's guitar looks sweet, but anyone that would pay that insane amount of money (except musems, but the have a lot of money in the first place) for a beat up guitar is crazy. But I do agree, the real thing (You know, like an original 50's or 60's Strat that had a few gig's in its time, and is worn in, but has been in the closet for over 40 years? You know the one...) is awesome.... 8)

EDIT: When I was talking about SRV's guitar, I meant a relic'd copy....

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

I recently bought a Highway 1 Strat, and it is awesome. Played great right out of the box. The finish is very delicate though. It doesn't have a tough laquer finish, and is very easily scratched or knicked. Other than that the Highway 1 series are a great buy.

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just got back from GC with my new (used) Highway 1. I couldn't resist. I had to go back and get it. I"ll post a picture if I can figure out how.

Funny story about this guitar.....the guys at GC (who are actually pretty cool guys despite their bad rep.) were telling me about the guy who had previously owned it. He traded it in on a Mexican Tele because he said the Higway 1 wasn't "shiny enough." They said they were actually trying to talk him out of it. To each his own, I guess.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Only posers do that, and the same with those stupid jeans that are already torn up.... Why would you want to pay more for a worn out pair of jeans? :roll:

The thing is that they're trying to buy character instead of doing things the right way and building it. I had a long conversation with someone about this a while back because I thought it was the stupidest thing ever (still do actually). It turns out that while I have a story for most of the jeans that are ripped up, oil stained, stained with red clay (remember, I'm in Texas), threadbare in spots, they were just looking for something that told a story without actually having to get their hands dirty.

I'd really like to see a pic of that tele. The way to do it is to find somewhere that hosts images for free, then put in an image tag and reference where the picture is. If you have a problem with it for whatever reason, shoot me an IM if you catch me online. I'll gladly walk you through it.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote