68 Posts
45 Users
0 Likes
11.9 K Views
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what we are all at for practice time each day. Just be honest, Im talking dedicated focused playing...

Roll Call :wink:

Kido

(@hobsonator)
Trusted Member

Three or four hours of serious jazz studying.

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

Concentrated practice 1 - 1.5 hours. Depending on work, wife's work and the baby. Sometime 20-30 minutes of noodling in my office on my coffee break. Never play on Fridays.

I read a lot about music in my spare time, but I won't count that.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

I practiced a lot yesterday, played songs over and over, with of course practicing scales and chords. Now that I'm going to college I'll have even more time to play (I hope).

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Hour a day, sometimes a lot more. sometimes less.

Dustin

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Generally 1.5 to 2 hours... Sometimes more and rarely less.

I try to give both electric and acoustic equal time unless I am working on something specific to one or the other.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

Well due to college and working almost full time, there are some days when I do not even touch a guitar (those days suck!). However, four days a week I am able to practice guitar. I usually play around 1-1.5 hours. However, that number is not set in stone. Some days I will lock myself in my room and play 6 hours straight.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Couple of hours work in the AM (I work from home) then guitar...a bite to eat, see if there's anything needs doing, back to guitar......cook tea, 1/2 hour's work (if I'm in the mood), then while the Mrs is watching the soaps, back to the guitar.....altogether, probably 4/5 hours a day, not including time spent on GN......

Someone once called Arnold Palmer (I think) the luckiest golfer they'd ever seen.....his reply was along the lines of "Funny that, cos the harder I practise the luckier I get......." I know luck doesn't really enter into the musical equation, but the principle's the same..........

Vic.

:) :) :)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@burgermeister)
Eminent Member

Not enough.
:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Like Audioslaveaddict, I'm going to college full time and working part time, so there are those days (like today and probably a couple more days this week) where I get very little or no time on the guitar (depressing, no?). During the summer and days when I have nothing to do (ie, studying, work) about 3 hours. If I could get 3 hours EVERY day I imagine I'd be a lot better than I am now. :? Guess I'll have to wait until I graduate and get a real job to have time to slack off and play guitar. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

I try for at least 1 hour a day, sometimes a hell of a lot more and sometimes a hell of a lot less.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

on a typical day when im not cruising the town or with my girlfrind..in the summer i usually spend...about 6-7 hours a day with my guitar...usually i play off and on throughout the afternoon..then at about 8:30 or 9:00 ill play untill 3 or 4 in the morning...for some reason i play better at night..when nooes around and whatnot and i just act like im hendrix and play!!!

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@markminni)
Eminent Member

20 min. to an hour a day on days I work
1 to 2 hours on days I'm off of work
Thats structured practice: I play guitar more than that in a day

ReplyQuote
(@blazedphool)
Trusted Member

hmmmm well i just started a job recently soo my practice times really starting to suffer....usually though i have a habit of sitting around....and then out of nowhere i get the sudden urge to play so i run up to my room and jam for as long as a few hours sometimes....im not gonna say how much i play daily cause some days i honestly dont even pick up my guitar....but weekly i say i get in aobut a good 5-10 hours.....

hmmm that gives me and idea....maybe my boss will letme bring a guitar to work and let it stay there.....so i can practice at work too....hahaha mmmaaaaayyybbeee......if im lucky...lol

" We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." - Willy Wonka

ReplyQuote
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

it varies on my mood

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5