Skip to content
I got my Strat, now...

Notifications
Clear all

I got my Strat, now I've got another problem....

25 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Tracker said,
Anyway, from experience (I also own the HRD), THEY ARE LOUD!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I always wondered if maybe some kid walked into a music store to try out a HRD for the first time. Not knowing, he turns it up to 10 or even 12. Then he hits a powerchord!!

Woowee! That's an experience you won't soon forget! :D

Oh man... I've never done that before, but let me tell you, you know the metalheads who go into guitarshops every day and just play to show off? We'll, I bet you know what I'm gonna say... I have plenty of experiences of people trying to play right next to me, and turn the amp up a little too far.... :evil:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wes,

I picked up the guitar tech's Blues Junior for $250. It seems to be in just about perfect condition and it sounds great.

Thanks all for the help.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I remember the first time I turned my Classic 30 on, I put it on the clean channel at about 5... wow.

Yes, I think that's about the perfect size. Totally gig worthy. Possible to turn up a little in a bedroom without getting out of hand.

I think my next amp will be a little Marshall combo or maybe a Blues Jr. Maybe the Pathfinder 4x10.... :|

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

sullivandf

Congratulations!

Hey, I love my HRD, but the Blues Junior is one of Fender's greatest amps ever. They are famous for their thick, rich tone. I am going to get one myself someday. :wink:

You and your new Strat are going to be very happy! 8)

Now crank it up!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats bud. Call me crazy, but I think you need an over drive pedal with that amp, cause it doesn't have an overdrive channel (I tried one out last year, I seem to remember this)

I've turned my HRD all the way up several times, and I sit right next to the thing. Pretty crazy.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

sitting next to a HRD up all the way is pretty crazy! i like the blues junior. then again i really like a good clean sound. an overdrive pedal is a must regardless and fender is not known for the worlds best distortion, but there clean sound...oi vey, died and gone to heaven. try getting a clean like that from your marshall haha. Wes might know what i'm talking about

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Moon,

If you could only have one amp to keep would you keep the Peavey or the Fender?

The Fender (said knowing I'll NEVER need to give up either one :twisted: ), simply for the fact that the Peavey gave me a hernia hauling it around. That particular model was Peavey's answer to the Fender Twin Reverb and it tips the scale right at 95 pounds.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Moonrider, that's exactly what I'm going to do this weekend. Plus the guitar guy at the shop where I take lessons is selling his personal Blues Junior for $275. I'm going to bring my new strat in and plug into that tomorrow.

Thanks all for your help.

One more vote for the Blues Junior -- sounds great with a Strat. If it's in good shape, get it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Even if it's a little beat up, that's a great price for that amp.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have plenty of experiences of people trying to play right next to me, and turn the amp up a little too far.... :evil:

It's called "testing" before you buy it. :roll: Not every amp is the same when "cranked". That's why you need to find out what it really sounds like.

If you don't like what they are playing.......... maybe they don't like what you are playing. People of all skill levels are there to check out what they think will help them with their sound and that is... 8).

If you don't like it…. Who are you to judge! Music is music!!!! If the guy next to me is jammin' I'll stop and say, “Play it baby, play it”. I don't care what there skill level is. Beginner?.....I “was” and still am there!

End result, encourage any type of music. Why you ask? BECAUSE IT'S MUSIC!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2