Skip to content
I think my tax retu...

Notifications
Clear all

I think my tax return is already speant (partially)!

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Now I may change my mind but I keep going back to look at this Agile Valkyrie Double Neck guitar. They are VERY hot right now and Kurt said he can't even keep them in stock. It even comes with a hardshell case! He said he should have more by Christmas or shortly after. The reviews for this AND the other Agile Valkyrie are OUTSTANDING.

Now I will probably get at least one or 2 more guitars before then but I am just thinking ahead! :wink:

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I played a double neck (6/12) a long time ago and it cured me. It was the most awkward thing I have ever played. A lot of people seem to like them and maybe they have come a long way since then but I would suggest you try it before you buy it to make sure it is for you.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I'd imagine they be HEAVY, I mean... i don't know how they could make a lightweight one without diminishing the sound quality. Still though, It looks nice and it's not nearly as expensive as I would've expected.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'd imagine they be HEAVY, I mean... i don't know how they could make a lightweight one without diminishing the sound quality. Still though, It looks nice and it's not nearly as expensive as I would've expected.

The descrition said it was 12 lbs...which is only 2 lbs heavier than my LP...however my LP feels like alead weight!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I played a double neck (6/12) a long time ago and it cured me. It was the most awkward thing I have ever played. A lot of people seem to like them and maybe they have come a long way since then but I would suggest you try it before you buy it to make sure it is for you.

Nils, I tried an acoustic doubleneck at GC a bit ago....It is hard to play sitting but standing isn't too bad. I was watching Ritchie Sambora play one on the Crossroads episode with Sugarland (that's what he uses in his new song "Have A Nice day".

I would find a way to play it no matter how hard it was. I have liked doublenecks ever since I saw Cheap Trick in concert back in 1986 and Ricky Nelson came out with his 2, 3, 4, & FIVE neck guitars! You couldn't playa full concert with one around your neck but then again my LP would be a chore to carry for a full show!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

You better go for it then. :!:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You've got it bad, dontcha! :D

When I walk into a guitar shop, I'm almost certain that's how a woman feels when walking into a shoe store.

One guestion though, and probably a silly one, but what benefit does a dual neck guitar give you? Are there songs which require instant access to a 12 string then back to the 6?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

One guestion though, and probably a silly one, but what benefit does a dual neck guitar give you? Are there songs which require instant access to a 12 string then back to the 6?

Jason

I only know of one..and that's the new Bon Jovi single...

I have just always wanted one. I thought they were/are the coolest thing. Plus they give the impression they are hard to play to the average person...so maybe part of it is ego as well :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Definitely not on my wishlist, in the studio I'd just use different guitars and live I wouldn't care, seems pretty hard to get the sound of a 12 string through the mix in a way somebody notices the difference. But many musicians dig them so there must be something good about them, I'm sure.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

It aint Heavy it's my Guitar!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

It aint Heavy it's my Guitar!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

You Have one of these art&lutherie?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Another example of a double neck guitar in use.
The Eagles, Hotel California. I saw the Eagles last week on TV, farewell tour. Hotel California required the use of both necks.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Everyone, what kind of message are we sending out to Mike? Sounds like some of you want Mike to be practical?!?

Mike, sit back, pound a few Gennys and click the pay button.

:)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i hate dual necks :evil: :x

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

prob the biggest doubleneck song played live...stairway to heaven

excellent footage of that on the led zeppelin dvd

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2