Clear all

Ibanez guitars

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I had gone to Guitar Center over the weekend to check out their Easter sale. I've been thinking of buying a new guitar of late now that it's tax refund time :D. I like playing stuff like Tool and wanted to try out a few Seymour Duncan guitars especially Schecters and ESPs. But turned out my local guitar center does not carry ESPs and did not have any Schecters with Seymour Duncans. So i started trying Ibanez and Jackson guitars.

I'm currently playing an Agile AL2000 and compared to that these guitars felt so comfortable! The Ibanez's (RG4EX) neck was thin and the action was very nice and low. The bridge pickup was really nice and crisp. The Jackson i tried was a Dinky with Seymour Duncan pickups (not sure which ones) and again the guitar felt very good in my hands. I've always had the impression they were guitars for shredders but the neck pickup on the guitar i tried sounded good enough. I also picked a couple of more Ibanez guitars and the action seemed very consistent across all of their guitars.

I came back home impressed and determined to research more on Ibanez guitars. But they seem to have so many guitars that i'm now confused. I'm not very familiar with different pickups they use. I kinda figured RG and SZ were their middle-higher end guitars. How do their pickups compare with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combination? I liked the Seymour Duncans on the Jackson. but the Ibanez pickups seemed nice as well. I'm definitely going back again to try them out again but i would like to atleast draw up a shortlist. My budget is 450-500 at a push and i don't mind buying used. Musicansfriend has a blem Schecter blackjack with JB/Jazz for $423. And i'm open to other guitars as well. But i loved the setup on the Ibanez. I like playing classical Rock to Hard Rock so i'm not looking for a metal axe but something with a hot bridge pickup would be nice. Any suggestions?

Note: Mods, since we don't have the 'i want to buy a new?' subforum anymore i wasnt sure where to post this. Please move it to the appropriate forum if it's not meant to be here. Thanks.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp