Skip to content
If you are discoura...

Notifications
Clear all

If you are discouraged with small hands.....

25 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Check out this little lady (and I mean LITTLE!!)

http://www.youtube.com/?v=k_7XtvQYAZ4

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

methinks this was posted once, but a wonderful video all the same

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Well thats about the most impressive playing I've ever seen...

ReplyQuote
(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

I can't be bothered to click the link... is it that Asian girl doing a classical piece?

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

How does she do that bit where she uses both hands on the fretboard?...She isnt doing any kind of tapping that I know. It creates different octaves, except u hear both the lower n higher octaves, unlike any octave tapping I do on electric.
I can't be bothered to click the link... is it that Asian girl doing a classical piece?

Yes it is...It takes more effort to click a link then to post that message n wait for a reply? :?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Its all abouit practice and nothing about sizes.People say Jimi hendrix was good because of his unusual length of his fingers but i think it was more like playing hours of his stratocaster.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

How does she do that bit where she uses both hands on the fretboard?...She isnt doing any kind of tapping that I know. It creates different octaves, except u hear both the lower n higher octaves, unlike any octave tapping I do on electric.

Her fretting hand is playing an octave... then her picking hand is using three fingers: two pluck the strings (the thumb on the lower note, the middle or ring finger on the upper) while the index finger touches one string an octave above where it's fretted. That gives you an artificial harmonic on one note.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

if you *lightly* put your index finger 12 frets higher than where you're fretting, then pluck the string behind it, you create a harmonic. she's doing that and plucking a different string with her thumb simultaneously. it's easy to do.

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I can't be bothered to click the link... is it that Asian girl doing a classical piece?Yep; "Paganini - Caprice Nro. 24 (complete version)." Amazing, ain't she? I'll bet she's been playing since she was so little ("How little was she?") that somebody had to help her hold the guitar up it wouldn't fall over on her. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Regardless if it has been posted before or if it is bothersome.... I think it is incredible to say the least

"Its all abouit practice and nothing about sizes."

I think you have spoken the obvious.......

I just find it amazing that the guitar is bigger than she is....

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I am so humbled and impressed. Amazing.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

That was inspiring. Any of our classic guitar savy posters wanna tell us how many hours of practice it took her to learn that piece (an estimate)? Whats even more amazing is that the girls site reading is probably of instant application. And, she probably gets straight A's in school too...cant beat those Asians...

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

First, a disclaimer: I am in no way detracting the the awesome display this young lady shows. Just incredible!

With that said, I find it interesting that almost every time I see/hear something from a very young child that is incredible techincally, I seem to feel that the music itself isn't very "musical", if you get my meaning. I assume that it's from more and more experience giving feeling to the music. It it just me?

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I seem to feel that the music itself isn't very "musical", if you get my meaning. Signor Paganini is most disappointed.
:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

With that said, I find it interesting that almost every time I see/hear something from a very young child that is incredible techincally, I seem to feel that the music itself isn't very "musical", if you get my meaning. I assume that it's from more and more experience giving feeling to the music. It it just me?

I don't get that comment, that was, in my opinion, a quite melodic piece of classical music :?

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2